OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nomad Stretch fit pants

Started by PALongspur, May 12, 2019, 09:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

I decided to stop, well maybe slow down, buying turkey calls and invest in some quality hunting clothes. I went the Sitka route for pants and a warm fall/winter coat. The pants are the Mountain pant, stretchy material that after 2 spring and one fall season show no sign of wear. They have been washed multiple times with no fading or shrinkage, following manufacturers directions. 7 pockets in the pants, 5 with zippers and 2 with double buttons. A great feature for this old turkey hunter is removable knee pads. I'm on my knees a lot, getting in and out of my turkey lounger and of course picking morels. I pull the knee pads during deer season. They are expensive but I believe are a good investment in long run.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Spurs

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 17, 2019, 04:06:01 PM
Quote from: Spurs on May 17, 2019, 11:03:29 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 15, 2019, 01:58:13 PM
Quote from: goblr77 on May 15, 2019, 01:36:30 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 14, 2019, 09:14:34 PM
Quote from: Spurs on May 14, 2019, 09:07:35 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 13, 2019, 05:48:59 PM
Stretch fit makes me think Spandex and I'd look like a hippo in pantyhose in Spandex!

That was my knee jerk reaction as well, but I can assure you that they are anything but that.  Hands down most comfortable pants I've ever worn. 

I will also add that they are super quite.
I just went to their site and about had a heart attack, $90 bucks for a pair of pants? I simply can't justify that on my budget, not insulting them or you in any way, but I just can't do that in good conscience.

Keep watching their site this summer. They'll drop the price on all the turkey gear.
Will do, thanks.
Consider this though.  I bought a full set of the Tibbee MO pants a few years ago when they first brought back Green Leaf.  I loved it at first and it was super cheap...like $50 for the full set.  Used it the following season and it was nearly faded to white.  I bought another set the next year (last second deal) and had exactly the same thing happen again.

The year after that, I threw caution to the wind and bought the MO Obsession Under Armor Storm 1 pants and light weight button up shirt (discontinued now).  I think I spent $125 on the full set.  I am on my third or fourth season with that stuff and it looks like it just came out of the box.

I fully expect the same results with the Nomad set.  No fading, decent construction, and super comfy. 

My only "negative" is the briar issue, but you will never find something that is both breathable and tough.  There will always be sacrifices.
But I still have stuff I bought at Wal-Mart in the 90's before my car accident that I used to wear constantly and not just hunting. I am not sure price always means quality is all I am getting at.
I totally agree that price has 0 to do with quality.  But I will add that the way I turkey hunt, the Walmart stuff wouldn't even make it a season.  Back when I was in college, I had to deal with what I could get.  I can still remember rubbing mud on the knees of my pants because they were so bleached out from walking in dew. 
This year is going to suck!!!