turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apologies

Started by wvmntnhick, May 11, 2019, 08:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Sorry gang for the lack of team support this year. Just struggled getting it all together this year. Tagged out in WV but nothing to brag about in terms of score. Had a couple botched hunts and with losing one of my best leases this year, it didn't help. The other good lease I had brought along some issues in itself. Small chunk of ground. Guy used to let me turkey hunt it alone. After killing 4 birds there (3 were amazing birds) his buddy wanted to hunt it. Wasn't a huge ordeal. He'd hunt the first week and I'd let it rest until week 3. By then it was back to normal and I'd do pretty well there. This year, the guy hunted it every day but 5. Had the birds very call shy and pushed them off the property. Calling them across the neighboring field is a chore and not one for a guy that's short on morning hours. Regardless, I did kill 2 over there (2 more than the other guy) but neither were stellar. Happy to have gotten what I did and had a blast. They just didn't stack up to birds of previous years. In short, I'm sorry it didn't look better this year. Think Maryland still has a week left but I'd have to double check that. If so, might try there next weekend but it all depends on work. Good luck to those still hammering away. Congrats to those that have scored, and especially to those that scored big.

Looking at current scores, it looks like we're still doing ok. Just wondering about upgrades that haven't been scored yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

No apology is necessary.. congrats on a great season and 2 fine birds.