Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Second Maryland Bird

Started by Will, May 11, 2019, 03:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

I am tagged out in Maryland with another great hunt. I started on a field edge trying to get a response from an owl hooter but nothing would answer. Once I heard the woods wake up I hit my old PS Olt Crow Call and a bird sounds off deep in the woods. The race was on and quite a walk considering things were still very dark but I managed to get him to gobble at least three more times until I squeeze in to about 100 yards to set up. Once I'm set I start sweet talking with him just hammering each time. He sounded like a nice mature bird with long drawn out gobbles
but as we were talking another group deeper in the woods sound off. I could tell this group had some jakes and at least one mature bird but now the two groups would gobble at each other every time I yelped. Working these birds for about twenty minutes now the group is on the ground working their way to me. While closing the distance the single birds stays on the limb but gobbled his head off. Within minutes I have this boy just strutting and gobbling with four jakes until he met a face full of mag blend. Man I can't get enough of this turkey hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WildSpur

What a hog!  Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Thebody

Way to go, buddy. 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.  Mike Tyson

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny

suburbhunter

Hayudog

Good work Will. Posting some good team birds. Congrats

RutnNStrutn

Heck of a bird!!! Way to go Will!! :icon_thumright: :fud: :turkey:

Dr Juice

Congrats brother. That's an awesome bird that scored well!