OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Last time hunting a honey hole.

Started by SD_smith, May 11, 2019, 03:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_smith

Was able to finally hunt one of my favorite properties this morning for a couple of hours. Slipped in right before daylight and the wind was howling pretty good so I had to sneak in real close to each roost as I worked my way down the Ponderosa Ridge. Finally struck up 2 birds at the very end, but they had 4 hens with them and wouldn't budge. They gobbled probably 50 times to me for about a hour or so. Finally the hens started pulling them towards a small creek and I was able to belly crawl to the bottom. Got on my hands and knees then crawled probably 200 yards to pinch them against a fence that ran perpendicular to the creek. They all came feeding by at about 15 yards and was able to make a good shot on the smaller of the two.

mtns2hunt

Congrats, like your persistence and a good story. A hunt to remember!
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Greg Massey

Yoteduster

Congrats on another good hunt and a nice bitd

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Beards and Hooks

Way to go and that is a pretty bird!

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Bowguy

mikejd

Tunaguy

Congratulations. Sounds like an exciting hunt.
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ejhandler

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."