Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Almost Over

Started by Hayudog, May 11, 2019, 11:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayudog

My days in California were productive. I harvested two gobblers in three days of hunting. I killed both with my new 410 single shot. Idaho hunting  was tough. Four days of hunting and never worked at Gobbler into shooting range. The one I did shoot was an ambush. Spotted him strutting with hens as I came around a sharpe logging road corner. Shot him with a single shot 20 gauge that I had built up to use the Heavy Weight Federal factory stuff from a few years ago.  Guess it will still kill a turkey. Gobblers were henned up and we're not coming to the call....at all.  I did as many miles as my knees would allow.  New knee on June 5.  They were logging the property that I had hunted for the last five years, and cover and birds have changed their ways. So, it looks like three gobblers this year and the best one  is the one I have posted back in April, no upgrades.
I've got a couple of days to scout/hunt here in Idaho.  About 2 hrs from the house. Public land. Unknown areas. But, who knows. Maybe an old gobbler will cooperate. 
Looks like we have about 8 birds for the board so far.  Good luck out there.
Here's to new knees (Hayudog) and new shoulders (Rut)!

Will

Sounds like you worked hard and had fun doing it! Good luck in Idaho

Hayudog

And by the time I look again, 9 birds on the board!  Gotta like that!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a good season Doug!!! Hopefully you'll get another. :fud: :turkey:
Good luck on the new knee!! :icon_thumright: I'm 4-1/2 days post op. So far, so good. ;)
We'll have to get together, and lay them low next spring brother!! :firefighter: :firefighter:

Dr Juice

Wow - awesome bird and picture. Congrats brother.

Twowithone

Good luck in Idaho tag another big ol gobbler.    :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.