OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Flying with turkey calls.  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Snood Life

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Flying with turkey calls.
« on: May 09, 2019, 08:07:28 PM »
Has anyone ever had a bad experience with TSA and turkey calls? I am flying next week to a hunt, and wanted to have my box call in my backpack (carry one). Would hate for them to mess with the screw.

Offline Gobbler2577

Re: Flying with turkey calls.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 09:19:03 PM »
Mine are always in my carry on when I fly and I have never had a problem.  I would never put calls in a checked bag as there is no telling how it would be handled not to mention the huge temperature swings.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Offline Snood Life

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »
Mine are always in my carry on when I fly and I have never had a problem.  I would never put calls in a checked bag as there is no telling how it would be handled not to mention the huge temperature swings.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Good to hear! I would hate for something to happen to my persimmon red slate.

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 06:44:57 AM »
You should have no issues what-so-ever in your Cary on. I flew to OK last month and had ALL of my turkey calls in my carry-on backpack. Boxes, pot calls, mouth calls and locator calls. Easy as can be and so was flying with the gun as checked luggage.

Good luck on your adventure!  :funnyturkey:

Offline espo16

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 08:21:47 AM »
Not a problem. They just asked what they were. Had to play one...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeverRoosting

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 08:59:01 AM »
Has anyone ever had a bad experience with TSA and turkey calls? I am flying next week to a hunt, and wanted to have my box call in my backpack (carry one). Would hate for them to mess with the screw.

Going on hunts or coming back from Unicoi I travel with quite a few boxes.  If you only have one or two boxes with you they normally never flag you, but if you have an ok Tom treasure chest full of boxes then they will take them out to see what’s going on with all of the screw showing up, but it doesn’t take long to get cleared so It won’t be a problem

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 09:38:46 AM »
I flew out of Nashville after the nwtf show. I had my treasure chest as carry on and it was stuffed full of clothes and pot calls. They pulled me off to the side to search it. Then the guy said you must like Turkey hunting

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline dswmsn

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 10:13:42 AM »
Espo16, occasionally I like to reorganize Turkey gear in my Ol Tom Treasure Chest. I like your idea of putting pots in the plastic zippered pockets. I only have a couple of them though, compared to your trove.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 10:36:29 AM »
Very impressive topic  glad it came up ......
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field