OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best M2 choke for all shot distances  (Read 5031 times)

Offline Shoebuck

Re: Best M2 choke for all shot distances
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 12:02:58 PM »
I went to a 20 ga M2 this year after shooting a M2 12 for several years. I will not go back. I have the 24 inch in black. 3 long beards did not notice the black. That being said it is getting a new Original Bottomlands job right now. I chose the Sumtoy 562 and am very pleased. The Federal TSS 9 s are amazing, absolutely no difference in kill power from my 12ga. Get one for yourself, you will be very happy with it.  Just my opinion but the M2 is the best 20 ga.

Offline Mathews.1

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »
I went to a 20 ga M2 this year after shooting a M2 12 for several years. I will not go back. I have the 24 inch in black. 3 long beards did not notice the black. That being said it is getting a new Original Bottomlands job right now. I chose the Sumtoy 562 and am very pleased. The Federal TSS 9 s are amazing, absolutely no difference in kill power from my 12ga. Get one for yourself, you will be very happy with it.  Just my opinion but the M2 is the best 20 ga.
I have the same set up but shoot hand loads of 9s. Absolutely a killing machine. I hunt the mountains of WV and the weight difference of carrying my 12 gauge was another reason I’d never go back.

Offline snoodcrusher

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 12:55:58 PM »
I've read on this forum that 3" TSS Federals have trouble cycling in an M2 20 ga BUT that has NOT been the case for me.  Mine has flawlessly cycled 40-50 Fed TSS #9 shells without a single hiccup.  I have a .562 Sumtoy I use for Fed TSS 9s and an Indian Creek .555 I used with Win LB 6s.  There is no comparison between the two combos.  Sumtoy and Fed TSS is hands down the best performer.  I range between 275-300 hits in the 10" at a measured 40 yds.  That kind of performance in a 5.4 pound shotgun is tough to beat.  I've owned over 50 dedicated turkey guns and still have around 20 in my safe.  This M2 20 ga w/ 26" barrel, Sumtoy 562 and Fed TSS 9s is my favorite gun/choke/shell combo that I've ever carried in the field for spring turkey hunting. 
I'd recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk