OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Project: long dreamed of Humpback Browning  (Read 4925 times)

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
Re: Project: long dreamed of Humpback Browning
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2019, 07:37:11 AM »
One word of advice. I have an older O/U that I had choke tubes put in and it  had to have thin walled tubes. I decided to take it turkey hunting last year just
the fun of using my old field gun with 2.75" shells ( used Remington 4x6 turkey loads) . I did kill a nice gobbler with it. What I found out is the thin walled tubes didn't handle the high pressure loads
well. I broke my full choke tube, it literally unwound. So keep an eye on them and maybe have an extra. The one that broke was several years old, maybe they have addressed
the issue. I have carlson's in mine. I also have a browning auto loader classic with the rounded hump I bought in the 90s. It has been my main turkey killer and has put it's share
in the dirt and never failed me. I love it.
Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on him! :camohat:
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline Dublgrumpy

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 11:33:07 PM »
Am new to this site & enjoy the reading. Can't help but comment on the A-5. No better shotgun ever made. One thing about em though that has mangled many a set of fingers is that autoload feature. The bolt remaining open on the last shot can make a place for a thumb while the other hand inserts a shell to the magazine. Probably some of you on here remember what comes next. That steel that rings out loud when you push the button on an emty chamber also tells a fellow it can act as a hammer????

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2019, 09:14:34 AM »
One word of advice. I have an older O/U that I had choke tubes put in and it  had to have thin walled tubes. I decided to take it turkey hunting last year just
the fun of using my old field gun with 2.75" shells ( used Remington 4x6 turkey loads) . I did kill a nice gobbler with it. What I found out is the thin walled tubes didn't handle the high pressure loads
well. I broke my full choke tube, it literally unwound. So keep an eye on them and maybe have an extra. The one that broke was several years old, maybe they have addressed
the issue. I have carlson's in mine. I also have a browning auto loader classic with the rounded hump I bought in the 90s. It has been my main turkey killer and has put it's share
in the dirt and never failed me. I love it.

They make 2 tru chokes.   One is standard (.795) the other is thin wall (.775).  I will not even build the  .775 because what you just said But the .795 is good.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2019, 02:15:57 PM »
Wheres the pic, lets see this browning! :drool: