OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Franchi Affinity Help  (Read 7299 times)

Offline macobb

Franchi Affinity Help
« on: May 08, 2019, 10:21:48 PM »
I am about to buy a Franchi Affinity 20 gauge compact 24" barrel MOBL. I am going to put a Vortex Venom Red Dot on it and load 2 3/4" #9's in it. I am looking for what chokes people have had success with and what kind of patterns you're getting. Also it comes drilled and tapped but I am looking for insight on how you mounted your red dot? I dont want a picatinny rail if I can avoid it but want a solid mount. Thanks for any tips.
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

Offline wbpc

Re: Franchi Affinity Help
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 11:05:04 PM »
I have the same setup and I mounted my sight on marlin 336 base for a Burris. I shoot a jebs 560 in mine and get 346 # 9’s in the 10 inch circle at 40 yards. That’s using 1 5/8 ounce load as well. It probably wouldn’t hurt to open it up some but it’s a real nice even pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline huntinsomd

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 12:34:08 AM »
Sumtoy base on mine. Works great. Very low profile. Choke somewhere in between .555 and .575 depending on how tight a pattern you want.

Offline macobb

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 03:51:26 PM »
Did you contact sumtoy customs to get the mount? I can’t find anywhere to get one unless I’m missing something? I plan on trying to stick as close to .575 as possible. I don’t ever like to shoot much pass 40 yards if at all possible. But I hate when they’re within steps and you worry about the patterns being too tight.

Offline huntinsomd

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 04:04:29 PM »
Call Sumtoy direct. Carlsons .575 extended tube is a great option. Mine shot 280 in the 10" circle at 40yds with that choke and gave a nice pattern at 25 yds. Amazon has that choke for a good price.

Offline macobb

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 05:39:10 PM »
I have been digging trying to find a .575 carlsons. On amazon all i can find is remington or winchester. Am i missing something or do they actually make one for Franchi

Offline huntinsomd

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 07:06:26 PM »
Don't see them on amazon now, but they are available on ebay for about $29. Carlsons .575 extended choke beretta/benelli mobil.

Offline afhunter1

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »
Are the new franchi affinity’s mobil choke thread?

Offline Leadchunker

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 12:43:31 PM »
Where did you find a compact in bottom land camo all I can find is black or real tree max 5  that would be the gun I would want

Offline macobb

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 06:00:52 PM »
You will have to call around to local dealers to see what they can get. They’re not in stock yet this is the first year they’re selling them in bottomland. I was told they will probably be released in July but do not have a definitive date yet but I kinda know the guy that orders them where I am and he told me he’d call me when they get the first shipment on the way.

Offline Leadchunker

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:34 AM »
I emailed Franchi about the compact affinity 20 gauge in Mossyoak bottomland they said nothing would be released until shot show 2020 and didn't say it would definitely be then

Offline macobb

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 10:14:42 AM »
That’s not good news. I hadn’t heard that I hope they release it sooner cause I had intended on getting one set up before next year

Offline Leadchunker

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 02:56:02 PM »
Same here goina start calling around hopefully they will be out sooner than that if i find one I will pass it on

Offline Jstocks

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 08:50:55 AM »
I am about to buy a Franchi Affinity 20 gauge compact 24" barrel MOBL. I am going to put a Vortex Venom Red Dot on it and load 2 3/4" #9's in it. I am looking for what chokes people have had success with and what kind of patterns you're getting. Also it comes drilled and tapped but I am looking for insight on how you mounted your red dot? I dont want a picatinny rail if I can avoid it but want a solid mount. Thanks for any tips.

Sumtoy mount on mine. Ff2 with an Undertaker .582 choke. Shooting 1 5/8 tss (90/93 load) and my daughter shoots 1 3/8 of 9.5’s with a Primos Tightwad .570 choke.

The smaller shot/payload likes the tighter choke.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 09:12:32 AM »
562 for hot patterns.   We like 570 for a good hunting pattern.   You can order mount over PM if you have paypal.  If not call in and do cards.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA