Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Prayers for family and friends in Southern IL and Western KY

Started by hobbes, May 03, 2011, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

I have family and friends in Brookport and Metropolis that are facing serious flooding right now.  Some of them already have water up against sand bags if not in their house.  Some of them have been warned that the levee that protects them will not hold and that they need to evacuate.  Some of them have flood insurance............some of them don't.

My side of the family appears to be safe for now, but my wife's side is in terrible danger of losing their homes.  My neice and husband are young and just moved into their first home.  She does have insurance, but the likely loss of the house is scaring them.  Her father does not have flood insurance and owns several rental homes with a partner that they have put 10 years of work into........it would be a total loss for them.  My father-in-law is stubborn and doesn't think it will get them, so he refuses to move much out of the house.  They set almost directly behind the flood wall.

That is just my in-laws and doesn't include the list of friends in the same boat.

turkey slayer

BOFF

How scary!!

Father God,

Thank you for your love, grace, and salvation through your son Jesus. We call upon your name for your protection of these families and friends, and their properties which are facing possible destruction from these floods. Place your protective hands around them and these properties, and keep them from harms way.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)