OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tristar Raptor 20ga semi auto questions  (Read 4679 times)

Offline sswv

• The Boss Gobbler
Tristar Raptor 20ga semi auto questions
« on: May 08, 2019, 10:51:23 AM »
TriStar Raptor 20 gauge semi-auto youth 24" barrel.   does anyone have any experience on this shotgun?  reliability, performance, worth the cost, etc...

Offline Vtbowhunter3

Re: Tristar Raptor 20ga semi auto questions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »
I bought one of these for my 8 year old son. We have had great luck with it. The trigger is pretty terrible but to be expected for a $298 gun. I also wished it was drilled and tapped but I bought a sun optics base and put a Burris FF 2 on it. He has shot 3 birds with it, and it patterns better then my mossy SA 20. I was able to get 322 in a 10” circle at 40 yards with the tri star a long beard .568 choke and federal TSS 9’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sswv

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »
thanks for the reply VB3.  what choke threads works in the Raptor? and, have you tried LB #6's?

Offline Turkeyfever

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 07:39:43 PM »
I have this gun and absolutely love it! The gun patterns great with the Carlsons 575 non ported turkey choke tube. The gun uses the Benelli / Beretta choke tubes. I have a Mossberg SA 20 turkey thug and they both use the same tubes. I shoot Federal TSS #9  out of both guns. The Tri star will flat out shoot! I got the gun last year and it has been the demise of 4 gobblers so far. I also used sun optics part SM 7015 to attach a red dot, it will fit right on the dovetail on your receiver. In my opinion the gun is well worth the cost and quiet the bargain! I have had no issues with the gun.