turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Demon

Started by EZ, May 07, 2019, 05:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Just a little human interest story (for turkey hunters).
Back in the mid 90s, I was helping sell Perfection turkey calls with the maker of the Screamin Demon pot call. While hunting in New York State one year, I gave a "Demon" to one of the guides whom I would always talk turkey with when he was done guiding his client for the day. Well that was the beginning of a love affair between my buddy Rob and his turkey call. All he could talk about, year after year, was how many birds that the Demon brought to the gun.

A few years later, he stopped guiding and we began to hunt together from his home. Year after year he only carried two calls, the Demon and a Quaker Boy mouth call. When his young son became old enough, he went with us and I watched him kill his first bird (and many after that). The number of birds that that call accounted for is hard to imagine, but it is very, very substantial and Rob would be quick to tell you that there was some kind of turkey magic in that call.

So this brings me to the present.... because of switching jobs, my friend moved to South Carolina, but his son still lived in the area finishing up his senior year of college. We had been staying in touch and he asked if I was coming up and if we could hunt together. I said I wouldn't have it any other way and we proceeded to have three great days of turkey hunting. I found out that he had "inherited" his Daddy's call with strict instructions NOT TO LOSE IT!!! On day three, he said, I have a surprise.... I got a tattoo yesterday after our morning hunt, check it out......

outdoors

Good story. THANKS for sharing
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

MDTOM84

Mathews.1

That's was a very good read

BTH

That's a great story! Loved the demon I had. Got it from my sales mgr Mark Lyons.  He was either a sales rep for them or was a sales rep for group that sold them. Was from SC as well.
Phil 4:13

RaspyD

Perfection Turkey Calls

Harty

Great story. Thanks for sharing

coyote1

Great story. I have the demon 2, it's going on the first hunt tomorrow. That is a cool tattoo, the lil demon is the right color and everything for the original.

yelpy

Now what he needs is a dead gobbler over the other shoulder.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

RaspyD

Quote from: yelpy on May 08, 2019, 06:24:10 AM

Or a Screamin' Demon II tatoo.  ;)
Perfection Turkey Calls

Chris O

EZ

Quote from: RaspyD on May 08, 2019, 11:55:31 AM
Quote from: yelpy on May 08, 2019, 06:24:10 AM

Or a Screamin' Demon II tatoo.  ;)

LOL! I'll tell him to take his shirt off and sling a big gobbler over his shoulder for the next pic!!!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

sbbow

Great story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKnisley