OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Fat lady has sung a sad song!  (Read 1813 times)

Offline canadatom

Fat lady has sung a sad song!
« on: June 02, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »
Well guys my season has come and gone here in Ontario and it was a very forgettable one for sure. Bird numbers seem to be down in my area so that made it hard off the start. Factor in coyotes on numerous hunts, some of the worst weather I have hunted in ever and just flat out bad luck and that says how my season went. I had a bird I had been hunting for over a week at 30 yds finally and pulled trigger and the longbeard XR #6 just went click and a puff of smoke and everything fell out the end of the barrel, needless to say bird was gone after that as I just sat there stunned!! First time in 18 years with no bird but it was bound to happen again sometime. Just makes the wait till next year that much worse now lol. Congrats to everyone that was successful and can't wait for next year. Oh ya sorry I couldn't score one for us but that is how it goes I guess.

Shawn

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
Re: Fat lady has sung a sad song!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »
That's all good Shawn, thanks for checking in.  Hearing that about the load is scary - think how easily if could have not cleared the barrel then you fire the next shot - glad you noticed something was off and stopped.