OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hunting after Tornadoes/BAD T-storms??  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Texforce

Hunting after Tornadoes/BAD T-storms??
« on: May 02, 2019, 11:02:21 AM »
What say you guys on this topic?? We have had some wicked weather the last couple of days in North Central TX. The day I plan to hunt will be 2 days removed from tornadoes and bad t-storms. It is supposed to rain on the morning of my hunt. Any ideas on what I might expect from the turkeys??
Thanks and Good Huntin'

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: Hunting after Tornadoes/BAD T-storms??
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 08:03:25 PM »
I don’t know anything bout Texas or tornadoes but any thunder the night before a hunt and I’m tickled. Every bird gobbles in the morning

Offline Marc

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 10:02:59 PM »
What say you guys on this topic?? We have had some wicked weather the last couple of days in North Central TX. The day I plan to hunt will be 2 days removed from tornadoes and bad t-storms. It is supposed to rain on the morning of my hunt. Any ideas on what I might expect from the turkeys??
Thanks and Good Huntin'

I have found that if we get a late storm (never hunted during or after a tornado), that often the birds pick up a regained interest in breeding...  My theory is that nests are lost and birds will try to re-breed...

I agree with Bowguy, that after a thunderstorm, birds always seem worked up....  Have not had as much luck during a bad storm (thunder or otherwise).
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Offline WildSpur

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 10:17:52 PM »
Some of my best hunts have been after nasty thunderstorms!  Gimme a storm that ends at 0300 or so and that blows small tree limbs across the road on my drive in and I know it is going to be a good day!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less