OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Waterproof Camo coveralls or bibs  (Read 2612 times)

CrustyRusty

Waterproof Camo coveralls or bibs
« on: May 03, 2019, 12:46:54 PM »
Looking for lightweight non insulated bibs or coveralls that are rain proof/waterproof.  What are you guys using? 

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: Waterproof Camo coveralls or bibs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 05:54:35 AM »
After looking for awhile I ended up buying a heavier set of Grunden rain bibs and jacket. My reasoning was I’ve had a few so called waterproof pants/jackets and the either only work in a light rain or fall apart. The Grunden set is waterproof and seems to be very tough they will also serve as my foul weather suit for fishing. Are the quiet? Nope, but in a downpour it doesn’t matter. Might not be the right choice for most, but so far I’m pleased with my decision.

Offline Alex T.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 10:55:19 AM »
Good luck finding something. If it’s truly waterproof, you’ll sweat your butt off if you are moving around in them much. And if you want lightweight, they won’t be truly waterproof. 

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 05:36:53 PM »
Sitka cloudburst

CrustyRusty

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 07:12:55 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I never figured it would be so hard to find something decent. Maybe I’ll just stop hunting in the rain  :D

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 08:13:43 PM »
Hunt out of a blind on those days ...

Offline TRG3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 01:09:47 AM »
Over my cotton bibs, I slip on a set of Frogg Togg camo bibs and then my leafy cut-out pants. The Frogg Toggs are not good in briars, but are water proof, wind proof, and very light weight. The do make a slight swishing sound when walking, but I've never felt they spooked any turkeys. This morning, I walked 1/4 mile through knee-high grass without getting my legs wet which would have been uncomfortable at the 50 degree pre-dawn temperature, saving me from shivering which could have caused me to miss that 22# gobbler that stopped a 3" load of #5 shot at 6 a.m.

Offline Brwndg

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 08:57:17 PM »
I bought a pair of Cabelas Dry Plus bibs years ago.
Mostly to keep my legs dry while walking through wet grass in the mornings.
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Offline rifleman

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 08:26:21 PM »
I have had a Gamehide set of pants and jacket for a good many years and they remain waterproof.  But, I find that I have to wear a vest or something under the jacket to stay warm when sitting in the rain.  A blind is ideal or some kind of cover.