OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Supernova? Who uses  (Read 1032 times)

Offline fadetoblack188

Supernova? Who uses
« on: May 02, 2019, 08:14:37 PM »
Anyone hear use a supernova to turkey hunt?  I bought one with the steadygrip stock and put a Burris fast fire on it. 

What are you thoughts?

I love everything about it, just seems alittle heavy and the recoil is hard hitting, that doesn’t bother me to much though.

I also have a sbe2 that I use for duck hunting. Better recoil and lighter to carry.  Though it’s in a max 4 pattern and not sure I like that in the woods

Offline drakehammer

Supernova? Who uses
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 09:40:25 PM »
Not what you asked but I’ve been using a compact youth 20ga Nova and its been the best turkey gun I’ve carried so far. Jebs .560 and 1 1/2 oz TSS #9 does the trick and its mild recoil. I wish it had a 20” or 21” barrel and easy way to mount a reflex sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
Re: Supernova? Who uses
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:55:38 PM »
My kid has a Super Nova.  I tell him it's an Italian Mossberg.   ;D

I don't particularly care much for the gun.  But it DOES pattern like a monster !!   Knew another guy who used one and his patterned great, too.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.