OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg turkey tactical ?

Started by superx2, April 27, 2019, 06:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superx2

Hey guys
Stopped by one of local gun shops today checked out the used gun rack and this caught
my eye. It has the adjustable stock pistol grip camo finish looked like 20" barrel   
any good????? price tag was $250 I thought that wasn't to bad. Really don't need another but
you guys know how that go's . The wife prob kill me. 
;D

Bagg-it Tag-it

I have that gun. Experience made me not like the tactical stock. The pistol grip blocks the slide release button and it's was hard to get to. I changed it out with the regular stock. I love the 20" barrel for not snagging on everything in the woods but mine would not shoot at point of aim. Don't know if the shorter barrel didn't give enough barrel to look down or if it just shot "off"... But I had to put a red Dot on it ( which I hate). I much rather use the bead as the site... But was impossible for mine. That is a good price on it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superx2

Ya. I liked how compact it was. Also thought it wasn't a bad price.

strum

I have almost the same gun . Its a 500 turkey that came with a regular stock and I ordered the tactical one from mossberg. Yes the slide button is a little harder to get to but I have no problem with it.
Its the 24" barrel and everytime I think Im gonna upgrade all I have to do is go shoot it and I realize im not going to get a better pattern so I stick with it. That said if I had found the deal you did. I would jump on it right away.

Divenut2

Not a fan on the tactical stuff, but use a 20" barrel on my old Mossy 500 and absolutely love it!
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Roost 1

I've got 2 of them.. great turkey guns.

superx2

What shell /Choke you guys use?

Bagg-it Tag-it

I use Indian Creek choke and hevi shot 6, hevi shot Mag Blend, and longbeard xr's #6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Divenut2

Flush fit Carlson Extra Full and cheap 3" Rem Nitro 5's-6's and 3" WW Super X 5's-6's.  I hunt the woods and most shots are in that 25-30 yard range or less.
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.