OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tall Tales (The Legend of Old Two Toes)  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Ctrize

• The Boss Gobbler
Tall Tales (The Legend of Old Two Toes)
« on: May 02, 2019, 07:51:44 PM »
Hello, fellow members I have a book coming out shortly "Haunted by the Gobble".I am going to do a little promoting here with the blessings of the moderators. This is a story titled "The Legend of Two Toes" Hope you enjoy it and maybe pick up the book.
                                        The Legend of Two Toes
Listen close to how this story goes, about an old bird, they called two toes.
He weighed thirty pounds, and his beard swing and swayed,
and  his spurs were like swords that he sharpened each day.

Each spring hunters came from all around, each with the intent of putting old two toes down
Each spring they would eave with nothing to show, while the legend of two toes continued to grow.
Then one spring early May, a young hunter showed up with something to say.
I'm better than good, I'm merely the best, and I'm here to put the legend of two toes to rest.

The towns people laughed at they laid their cash down, they were betting on two toes to show up this clown.
The boy only laughed at the fuss of it all. He said you double your bets and I won't use a call.
The next morning came early as he grabbed up his gun, he asked only one question where does this legend run.

He set up in a clearing with his gun on knee and stuck out a barefoot for old two toes to see.
He wiggled those toes and snapped them real hard and from the far side of the clearing old two toes did charge.
It was over in an instance as two toes now lay dead,done in by a dose of five shot to the head.

The boy once again smiled as he shouldered the bird and walked back through the town without saying a word.
The towns people they gathered,not believing what they saw, some of them cheered while others looked on in awe.
As he collected his winnings,"What's your name cried a man? "
"Why I'm a turkey hunter by gosh and I'm Six Toes McCann. "

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:48:20 AM by Ctrize »

Offline Ctrize

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Tall Tales (The Legend of Old Two Toes)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 09:21:29 PM »
I have 20 copies of the new cover books available.

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 12:10:03 AM »
I’m enjoying the book Ted. I really like the poems. Every week my wife and kids have a “tea party” and the read some poems. Now I get my book and contribute some poems to the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ctrize

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 09:04:24 AM »
That is so cool ,funny and awesome at the same time thank you so much for sharing that .I know there is nothing like a tea party with my granddaughters.!