OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do coozies cause slick call surfaces???

Started by Happy hooker, April 30, 2019, 04:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

I'm probably wrong but has anybody noticed or seen that storing or carrying your pot calls in can coozies sometimes makes the surface slick

tha bugman

I guess that they could, but I use them mostly for long term storage in my collection and if I am going to use the call I am going to condition it before I use it anyway.

AT

I've been carrying them that way all season and I haven't noticed it.

yelpy

I had that problem one time and will never use them again. Might have been something in the material or something was on it but I take no chances. If it happens once it will happen again. It's bad enough having to deal with the moisture in the morning.

HookedonHooks

I don't use a koozie on my call when hunting it, but can definitely say that I notice it occasionally makes glass or aluminum calls slick while storing them at home.

JLH

Anytime you slide a call in and out of something that holds it tight....it will have to smooth out the playing surface.

Shouldnt be a problem if you condition the call before you use it.

Same with strikers.

LaLongbeard

I use the Woodhaven plastic covers on  all my pots, never have any trouble
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Zilla

20 years ago I purchased a slate call from Ted Peters and he included a Tupperware container with the call. Last year I was able to purchase 3 more containers. They do a nice job of protecting the calls and keeping them dry. I condition the surfaces the night before and they're ready to go when needed. Sorry! I know a little off topic.

West Augusta

I keep my hunting calls in Koozies to keep them from rattling in my vest and to keep my fingers off of the surface when pulling them out of my vest.  I haven't noticed them getting slick from that. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Clardh

Funny you mention that. For me, I have noticed that the surface, only on slate, looks slick when you pull them in and out. I will tell you though, I have not had any problem running my strikers on the slate. I think it's just the appearance.

NCL

I store all my pots at home in koozies and have not notice the surfaces changing, I will start to pay more attention to the surface when I remove them, thanks for the information. I used to use the tupperwear container as mentioned above but had a hard time finding the small ones.

Harty

I always condition the calls when I pull them from the koozies and am going to use them  . So it hasn't affected me.

MK M GOBL

I cut a round disk of 3M scratch pad size of the surface and store it in koozie that way, works for me!

MK M GOBL

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Zilla on May 02, 2019, 06:53:48 PM
20 years ago I purchased a slate call from Ted Peters and he included a Tupperware container with the call. Last year I was able to purchase 3 more containers. They do a nice job of protecting the calls and keeping them dry. I condition the surfaces the night before and they're ready to go when needed. Sorry! I know a little off topic.
Funny I see this after posting this. Works great. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,91238.msg888226.html#msg888226
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."