OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New to trumpets,do they require break in period?  (Read 6442 times)

Offline deadbuck

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: New to trumpets,do they require break in period?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 02:29:47 PM »
Here you go. Just took it to Kansas and couldnt find a bird to use it on.

Offline nitro

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 03:37:44 PM »
The difference between a $100. trumpet and a $500. trumpet is $400.

I know. Appreciation in future resale value. 
Royal Slam 2008

Offline perrytrails

• Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 05:36:44 PM »
Here you go. Just took it to Kansas and couldnt find a bird to use it on.
She ain't real pretty, but in the hands of someone who knows how to run a yelper, she is extremely deadly. May have been exaggerating a bit when I compared it to my Buice, but I figured I'd help the man sell a few more. Deadly "hunting call" sure 'nuff though.

I agree. I have one that really sounds good. It’s definitely a great buy for someone who is interested in trying a trumpet.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 06:12:09 PM »
Is it a good trumpet for someone that is new to trumpets or someone that knows how to run one? There is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline KentuckyHeadhunter

• Double Beard
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 06:13:18 PM »
No offense to that guy who makes affordable calls....but there's just something about taking a call into the woods that was made by a legend and a master of callmaking.  I think its worth the extra cash to get something you'll cherish and hand down.  Just my personal opinion.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 06:50:30 PM »
No offense to that guy who makes affordable calls....but there's just something about taking a call into the woods that was made by a legend and a master of callmaking.  I think its worth the extra cash to get something you'll cherish and hand down.  Just my personal opinion.
Agreed

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 07:10:22 PM »
I'm gonna spend the $20 and pick one up. I'll let you guys know if it plays like a Buice or not

Ben1100mag

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 09:47:15 AM »
I just bought one of his Tiger Stripe Maple calls. Heck for $25 bucks it seemed like a deal.   :)

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 04:20:39 PM »
I'm gonna spend the $20 and pick one up. I'll let you guys know if it plays like a Buice or not

Any update? 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2019, 06:19:47 PM »
Honestly, I haven't even ordered it yet

Offline beardhunter87

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 06:59:18 PM »
Yea I'm rdy for a soundfile Haha or get someones opinion

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2019, 06:54:27 AM »
I just put my bid on one at eBay

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2019, 04:32:44 PM »
I just bought one of his Tiger Stripe Maple calls. Heck for $25 bucks it seemed like a deal.   :)
Same one I have been looking at since late Spring of last year but have been to skeptical to order. Nice looking call if it looks like the picture.

Just received a walnut with bone mouthpiece from him yesterday. She yelps and clucks as good as the first one I bought. I could do without the linseed oil though. Again, these calls ain't purty, and definitely are not for you perfectionists, but turkey killers they are, at a ridiculous price. Good luck with them.
I don't think they look bad in the auction pictures, but that  may not hold true when in the hand. How about a picture and a soundfile please?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 06:49:48 PM »
Same one I have been looking at since late Spring of last year but have been to skeptical to order. Nice looking call if it looks like the picture.

Just received a walnut with bone mouthpiece from him yesterday. She yelps and clucks as good as the first one I bought. I could do without the linseed oil though. Again, these calls ain't purty, and definitely are not for you perfectionists, but turkey killers they are, at a ridiculous price. Good luck with them.
I don't think they look bad in the auction pictures, but that  may not hold true when in the hand. How about a picture and a soundfile please?
Hey bud, you need to get back on your medication. You should know by now not to ask me to post a pic, let alone a soundfile. You, of all people, should just buy the damm thing.
Sad thing is somebody stole 40 of my pills so I am not on them the way I should be. Yea I forgot who I was talking to. I think you should make the "Great Cheap Trumpet World Tour" so all we curious people can find out how they look and sound.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 04:55:35 PM by Sir-diealot »
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2019, 04:59:57 PM »
I tried… here goes. Lol
https://youtu.be/YjcoVyBwEZs
Good job on them, you can here you have trouble with the last, but for 20 bucks it sounds real good. I have to learn that kee-kee run on mine.

John Koenig: