OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yildiz .410 Serious Question!

Started by mozart_hunter, April 30, 2019, 08:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

When you pull the arm/finger to open it that should cock it.  I played with one when this came up before.  The one we had even if you fire with barrel open when you shut it that would reset the firing pin.   You take the stock off you can see everything in it.   You can play with it and see what is going on maybe.    Sad thing that is one of the best guns for the money as in material it is build out of (hardest barrel we have threaded).   Now that said you not the only one that has had problem getting a hold of them.

Try it few times with out a shell see if you can make it do it.   Then I would like to know if it does it with all shells.    I know of one that would fire any off the shelf dove load but would fire 1 out of 10 hand loads. 

One thing you can do also it get a few hulls if you have someone around that loads and just put primer in them to see if it is something with just the shell being in. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

wchadw

Quote from: SumToy on August 21, 2019, 09:25:02 AM
When you pull the arm/finger to open it that should cock it.  I played with one when this came up before.  The one we had even if you fire with barrel open when you shut it that would reset the firing pin.   You take the stock off you can see everything in it.   You can play with it and see what is going on maybe.    Sad thing that is one of the best guns for the money as in material it is build out of (hardest barrel we have threaded).   Now that said you not the only one that has had problem getting a hold of them.

Try it few times with out a shell see if you can make it do it.   Then I would like to know if it does it with all shells.    I know of one that would fire any off the shelf dove load but would fire 1 out of 10 hand loads. 

One thing you can do also it get a few hulls if you have someone around that loads and just put primer in them to see if it is something with just the shell being in.
Have you tried this with the O/U models? Or is just the break open 410?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SumToy

just the single shot.   I have a O/U and shot it few hundred times playing with sporting clay and it be fine. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Greg Massey

Agree , never had a problem with O/U either , shot it a bunch ....

mozart_hunter

When mine closes back it doesn't reset the firing pin if you dry fired it while it was open. Also i have tried multiple types of shells. The first time it went off it was with an Apex load and I've used winchesters and federal 6 and 8 shot too. They all go off.

howl

Quote from: mozart_hunter on August 21, 2019, 04:36:00 PM
When mine closes back it doesn't reset the firing pin if you dry fired it while it was open. Also i have tried multiple types of shells. The first time it went off it was with an Apex load and I've used winchesters and federal 6 and 8 shot too. They all go off.

The gun is designed to cock on open and close. If the barrel block isn't pushing the cocking lever far enough to cock it when you close the gun, there's something wrong with that particular gun. The design is sound. Academy would send it to Briley for repair. Whether they'll warranty a modified gun or not I don't know. They might argue since the barrel was removed for threading something might have got out of alignment.

SumToy

Quote from: howl on August 22, 2019, 07:38:03 PM
Quote from: mozart_hunter on August 21, 2019, 04:36:00 PM

The gun is designed to cock on open and close. If the barrel block isn't pushing the cocking lever far enough to cock it when you close the gun, there's something wrong with that particular gun. The design is sound. Academy would send it to Briley for repair. Whether they'll warranty a modified gun or not I don't know. They might argue since the barrel was removed for threading something might have got out of alignment.

I did a video on this.  I dont think I can load it to the page.   I may can link it to facebook page.    If you brake it open you can fire it then put the leaver/finger on bottom that will rest the gun into fire once more.  It will do that without the barrel on it.  I would take the stock off and  blow it out to make sure nothing had got in it.