OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Yildiz .410 Serious Question!  (Read 7699 times)

Offline mozart_hunter

Yildiz .410 Serious Question!
« on: April 30, 2019, 08:20:22 AM »
Ok guys like a lot of you on here I purchased a yildiz last year and got it set up for turkey season this year. I killed a turkey with it in Texas but earlier that morning when I loaded a shell up when I closed it back the gun went off. After further looking I noticed that when I was carrying the gun to the blind I had it folded in half for easy carry. I must’ve snapped the trigger and the firing pin was pushed out. So when I closed it that snapped the shell and it went off. When I got back home I tried it three more times and each time it went off. I even tried it with the safety on and off. So just curious if y’all have had this happen. I am emailing them right now. Y’all might try yours and see if it happens too.

Offline owlhoot

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Yildiz .410 Serious Question!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »
Seems like I had read that somewhere before ?
You might put it the general forum to get some responses.

Offline FLGobstopper

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »
Ok guys like a lot of you on here I purchased a yildiz last year and got it set up for turkey season this year. I killed a turkey with it in Texas but earlier that morning when I loaded a shell up when I closed it back the gun went off. After further looking I noticed that when I was carrying the gun to the blind I had it folded in half for easy carry. I must’ve snapped the trigger and the firing pin was pushed out. So when I closed it that snapped the shell and it went off. When I got back home I tried it three more times and each time it went off. I even tried it with the safety on and off. So just curious if y’all have had this happen. I am emailing them right now. Y’all might try yours and see if it happens too.

You ever get a response from Yildiz?

I'm interested in what they say. I have the same gun all though mines a little older. I've never experienced what you're talking about but I also don't ever fold the gun in half like that and it should would be good to know if that's a common occurrence.

Offline mozart_hunter

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 04:59:03 PM »

They said they would mail me a new firing pin but I don't see how that will fix the problem.
You ever get a response from Yildiz?

I'm interested in what they say. I have the same gun all though mines a little older. I've never experienced what you're talking about but I also don't ever fold the gun in half like that and it should would be good to know if that's a common occurrence.

Offline gobblergls

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 06:53:57 AM »
I keep my ear to the ground about the folder and this is the first time I've heard one do this. I started using mine 7 seasons ago.   My first thought (guess) was  perhaps a too aggressively done trigger job, and an overworked sear, but if that wasn't done...  I wonder how a diagnosis was made regarding a faulty pin.  Was the hammer down against the firing pin or cocked when the AD's occurred? That could be easily observed with the stock off (and an empty chamber).  This would rule out a faulty trigger and narrow it down to the pin. Gil
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:19:05 AM by gobblergls »

Offline mozart_hunter

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 09:35:34 PM »
Just giving everyone an update. My gun still goes off every time the firing pin is snapped while the gun is broke open. As soon as I close the gun with a new shell in the gun it goes off every time. I contacted them and they will not answer my emails. Going to throw the gun away I guess can't have something that dangerous. Especially since I was gonna use it when my daughter got old enough. Terrible gun.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 10:50:43 PM »
Just giving everyone an update. My gun still goes off every time the firing pin is snapped while the gun is broke open. As soon as I close the gun with a new shell in the gun it goes off every time. I contacted them and they will not answer my emails. Going to throw the gun away I guess can't have something that dangerous. Especially since I was gonna use it when my daughter got old enough. Terrible gun.
  I agree the gun is dangerous , but why not take it to gun smith first before throwing it away...?

Offline mozart_hunter

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 11:14:44 PM »
  I agree the gun is dangerous , but why not take it to gun smith first before throwing it away...?

Because there is nothing they can fix it says it in the manual that you should not trigger the gun while it is empty here is a link to the manual.

http://www.yildizshotgun.com/tr/images/single.pdf

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »
I'll give you a dollar for it. The point of contact for the repair service for Yildiz is the Academy gun counter.

Online wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 10:16:22 AM »
This is a little concerning. Especially on a gun that would most likely be used by a young shooter. I have an o/u 20. Hope it doesn’t do this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »
Kicks too hard for a young shooter. Bout like an/06.

Offline mozart_hunter

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 06:17:51 PM »
I guess that's what I get for buying a $100 gun. Won't make that mistake again. I'm not even mad about the money (I also sent it to Sumtoy and got $150 of work done to it as well) it's that they won't answer my complaint on a very serious faulty gun problem.

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 06:28:54 PM »
The manual seems to indicate you should not dry fire the gun. The which is different than stating you should expect it to discharge on closing. Did William work on the trigger? Or did Academy say the choke work voided the warranty?

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 06:40:52 PM »
The attachment shows out says thesame thing in the over under manual. Just means use a snap cap.

Online wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 07:56:21 PM »
(null)
It’s at dipper. I will have to test it. I always keep my gun with safety on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk