OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Texas gobbling question?  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Buddy

Texas gobbling question?
« on: April 28, 2019, 04:41:16 PM »
I'm making a late trip, May 2 thru May 6 to my lease in Mason Texas.  I was wondering if gobbling activity is still good?  I've never hunted this late in season there.  I also would like to know if they are green this year from rain.  The last two years have been dry with water scarce where I hunt.  Any info is appreciated.

Offline Tomfoolery

Re: Texas gobbling question?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 11:19:27 PM »
I went to my place in sonora a couple weeks ago and the ranch was beautiful. Our birds are gone. Numbers been down past few years. But everything was green and pretty

Offline JMalin

Re: Texas gobbling question?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 12:20:22 AM »
I'm making a late trip, May 2 thru May 6 to my lease in Mason Texas.  I was wondering if gobbling activity is still good?  I've never hunted this late in season there.  I also would like to know if they are green this year from rain.  The last two years have been dry with water scarce where I hunt.  Any info is appreciated.

Should still gobble okay on the limb.  It's very green.  Water can still be very productive in the heat of the day.