OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Federal TSS #9 Winchester SX2, Indain Creek... disappointed  (Read 2890 times)

Offline outdoorsmen

as the title States this was shot at 40 yards with my Winchester sx2 3 1/2" #9 Federal TSS, Indian Creek .655 non wadstopper.  I am not overly impressed, especially compared to how well hevi13 #6 shoots.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 07:27:19 PM by outdoorsmen »

Offline drakehammer

Re: Federal TSS #9 Winchester SX2, Indain Creek... disappointed
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:57:49 PM »
Not surprised. I have found that Federal TSS patterns usually suck and are inconsistent compared to most tungsten ammo with conventional wads.  Find the right choke and stick with conventional tungsten loads or better yet load your own TSS and you’ll never be disappointed again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sdcollin

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 06:57:07 AM »
I have been shooting some awesome patterns with the Federal TSS 9's using a Carlsons TSS choke out of my SXP 28",The choke is a .650.I was actually thinking about trying to open the pattern up a little bit but I'm going to hunt with it this year as is.I can't wait to finally get after em next week!!
 :drool:

Offline outdoorsmen

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 09:26:38 AM »
I think this is proof enough for me to not make the switch away from hevi13. I dont want the headache of playing with chokes and finding the best pattern.  And I am way to heavily invested in my stock pile of 12 and 20 ga hevi13.  Way more then I will shoot in my life time.