turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester SXP Longbeard 20 Gauge

Started by PEPPERHEAD, April 28, 2019, 01:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEPPERHEAD

Well here she is. My latest addition to the 20 gauge family. The jury is still out. The fit and finish are great. The trigger is horrible. I was surprised to find out that this gun in manufactured in Istanbul Turkey.  It shoots an amazing pattern. 345 in a 10" circle using Federal TSS #9 and a Carlson .568 choke.

ltprod

Pepper head
What scope are you using on it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PEPPERHEAD

Leupold VX-Freedom 4X20 mm Pig Plex Reticle

owlhoot

Amazing 345 at 40 . Aim small , really small

jryser

Mine has killed 3 birds, one youth too!  The trigger is fantastic so I think it's a hit and miss - and the trigger can be worked!!

PEPPERHEAD

ltprod

What about carrying it with the pistol grip???

RED NECK

The gun patterns great,the gun is a nice feeling gun.Winchester has massive quality control issues on their new "beater" shotguns,the sxp is a pos compared to the old 1300.I have two sxp now,a 12 and the new 20 and two 1300 that are over 20+ years old.The triggers being released on some of new guns are an embarrassment to a once great name.No excuses to get a pos trigger from the factory like I did.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

PEPPERHEAD

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 29, 2019, 07:52:13 AM
The gun patterns great,the gun is a nice feeling gun.Winchester has massive quality control issues on their new "beater" shotguns,the sxp is a pos compared to the old 1300.I have two sxp now,a 12 and the new 20 and two 1300 that are over 20+ years old.The triggers being released on some of new guns are an embarrassment to a once great name.No excuses to get a pos trigger from the factory like I did.
How is the trigger after getting it worked on?

nyhunter

Quote from: PEPPERHEAD on April 28, 2019, 01:07:39 PM
Well here she is. My latest addition to the 20 gauge family. The jury is still out. The fit and finish are great. The trigger is horrible. I was surprised to find out that this gun in manufactured in Istanbul Turkey.  It shoots an amazing pattern. 345 in a 10" circle using Federal TSS #9 and a Carlson .568 choke.

Is the Carlson choke you got that pattern with the tss choke or Long beard choke?

RED NECK

Quote from: PEPPERHEAD on May 07, 2019, 12:56:10 PM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 29, 2019, 07:52:13 AM
How is the trigger after getting it worked on?
Night and day,It is actually a working gun,It feels good and normal.I am 110% happy with the work done on it.It is a great little turkey gun now.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

bowpro

jryser

https://youtu.be/tqTw58OmoUc

There's mine!  Mom carried that all over!!!