OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Which Turkey Seat  (Read 6115 times)

Offline DMTJAGER

Re: Which Turkey Seat
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 09:05:19 PM »
I bought a backpacking chair from backcountry, Lafuma low chair I believe it’s called.

Less than half the weight of a typical gobbler chair and nearly as comfortable.

Maybe not big boy approved though!

Gobbler lounger collected dust all year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are these the chairs your talking about? Found a couple different Lafuma chairs. 2.5 pounds sounds like what I need if it’s not squeaky or flimsy. I do like the rounded metal legs that don’t dig into the mud.

Yes, no squeaks at all, only thing is it can be tough getting right up against trees with the leg design but man what a difference packing it around.

I sprayed mine olive drab, it’s staying on ok.

Don’t remember the weight rating but I would be Leary if you weigh more than 180 or so?  I’m 160 and have had zero issues.

At the price if I get 2 seasons out of it it’s worth it to me.

No offence intended but I have my doubt's that seat would survive long with my 245lbs or either of my sons both at over 250lbs each.

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 10:10:00 PM »
I typically don't use one for turkey hunting but my favorite sheep glassing chair is https://www.rei.com/product/869659/alite-mayfly-chair

I imagine it would work quite well.

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »
Alps
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline Happy hooker

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 12:35:25 PM »
Turkey chairs are heavy an bulky to carry,,However on a wet or snowy day they are worth their weight in gold keeping you up off the ground,,I only carry one on messy days.

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2019, 04:21:12 PM »
Got the Lafuma chair in. Super light weight probably less than 2 pounds. It’s as comfortable as my gobble lounger and a fraction of the weight. About the perfect height when seated to put  gun on knee. Made in France so I guess that’s at least better than China? Seems well built and is completely quiet opening and closing no squeaks either. I wish I’d had it this season. Will probably put a longer adjustable strap on it but maybe the days of deciding on a cushion or a chair before leaving the truck are over. Folds up compact about the size of a vest cushion

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2019, 06:08:36 PM »
The weight rating said 240 and they have a 2 year warranty.
I think it be fine with 200#. As far as the side to side it will roll over if you lean over but seated it’s fine. I like the rounded one piece legs that don’t sink in the mud but that does make it easier to roll. If you put the chair up against a tree or tucked in some brush it be plenty stable.
I walk a lot so weight is the number one priority and this thing is light.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Offline PA-strutter

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2019, 11:01:34 PM »
I’m a big 360 pounds and I use the Macs turkey seat. Best $25 I’ve spent and I’ve broken every other one on the market. Macs is the strongest going.
Www.pafisherman.com