turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New to making lanyards

Started by sbbow, April 25, 2019, 06:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

Just got these done up. First time at making these. If anyone is interested pm me. Left to right. 

Brown/OD Green—— SOLD
Green/Silver —SOLD
Black/OD Green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

savduck

:popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn:

Where oh where did you come up with your original design.

Cant at least come up with a little more original knot design on the end of the lanyard? Complete copy of my lanyards except the material type. You the same fella that PMed me on facebook wanting to know material I used in my lanyards? St Louis and St Louis match up.

Georgia Boy

Fl strutter

savduck

Quote from: warrent423 on April 25, 2019, 07:38:26 PM
How much. I'm all for the free market system. $38 was a bit outrageous for lanyard, I must admit. They did look good though.

Im all for free market too, but damn you cant get on you tube and learn one of a dozen different knots he could tie to make it different. I came up with my design because no one had a leather trumpet lanyard that was affordable for the everyday man.The only two made on the market were close to $200. I made mine classy and affordable compared to other lanyards with an original design. Nobody else had that look. Have had the same price since day 1, 10 years ago. First customer was on here named Bill out of NY. Have sold close to 2000 at those prices. I understand mine arent for everyone and people want to spend less.
Georgia Boy

sbbow

Quote from: savduck on April 25, 2019, 07:07:55 PM

Cant at least come up with a little more original knot design on the end of the lanyard? Complete copy of my lanyards except the material type. You the same fella that PMed me on facebook wanting to know material I used in my lanyards? St Louis and St Louis match up.

Yes is did ask you what cord you used an thats a problem? Didn't think a round braid was a bad idea your using leather an I'm not for that reason. As far as the knot goes thats a pretty common knot that's most lanyards end up with from what I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

savduck

Quote from: sbbow on April 25, 2019, 07:45:01 PM

Yes is did ask you what cord you used an thats a problem? Didn't think a round braid was a bad idea your using leather an I'm not for that reason. As far as the knot goes thats a pretty common knot that's most lanyards end up with from what I've seen.

Im all for a man making money. My lanyard was an original look. When I came up with it nobody joined them together like that. Your right its very common now, but wasnt when I started building mine. I just figure a man can take enough effort to at least change up the style a little bit to have his own look.
Georgia Boy

sbbow

Quote from: savduck on April 25, 2019, 07:47:09 PM

Im all for a man making money. My lanyard was an original look. When I came up with it nobody joined them together like that. Your right its very common now. I just figure of a man can take enough effort to at least change up the style a little bit to have his own look.
I honestly didn't think you were using a round braid. I have  a couple other lanyards that are done up the same way did you confront those people too?

savduck

Quote from: sbbow on April 25, 2019, 07:51:54 PM
Quote from: savduck on April 25, 2019, 07:47:09 PM

Im all for a man making money. My lanyard was an original look. When I came up with it nobody joined them together like that. Your right its very common now. I just figure of a man can take enough effort to at least change up the style a little bit to have his own look.
I honestly didn't think you were using a round braid. I have  a couple other lanyards that are done up the same way did you confront those people too?

Im not talking about the round braid. I have called out one guy yes, that was a 100% knock off. Lots of people make lanyards. Again Im all for a man making money. I dont have patents on my design, knots, lanyards etc. I would just think you would at least want yours to be a little different style. Good luck either way. You will sell plenty.

Georgia Boy

mmclain

Have not made one in about 3 years but if you hand braid all the knots and 4 plat braid length it's makes it really hard to be copied and even harder to be done correctly.  But it does cost more. 

davisd9

Quote from: warrent423 on April 25, 2019, 07:38:26 PM
How much. I'm all for the free market system. $38 was a bit outrageous for lanyard, I must admit. They did look good though.

After the cost of a good trumpet $38 bucks is a drop in the bucket.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

gergg

Not sure how long it takes to make one of these lanyards, but considering material and time, $38.00 probably isn't unreasonable. Hey, I paid Savduck for a few and was happy to do so.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

savduck

Ive said my peace to Sbbow. He will sell plenty, I wish him the best. I get there are some guys that think my price is higher than what they want to pay. I didnt want to pay $200 years ago when I came up with my design so I get it.

My issue is the look. Thats all.
Georgia Boy

Fl strutter

Dels lanyards are top notch in my book! Every trumpet i buy will sport one. $38 is very reasonable to me and the fact he's sold em for 10 years and never changed price says a lot!

Rzrbac

I'm new to trumpets and asked a member on here about lanyards. They sent me a pic of Mr. Del's lanyard. My first thought was I can make that. I suppose most folks who spent a little time on active duty are familiar with 550 cord and weaves and braids. I actually made one several years ago for elk calls. Having done that, I'm not about to buy the material and sit down and take that much time, let alone try to come up with my own design. Mr. Del will be getting $38 from me before next season. I'm also hoping I get to meet him at Unicoi and learn some more about running a trumpet.

sbbow

Really Del get over yourself. I don't know you or would I want to so don't be flattered! I didn't think you had the corner market on trumpet lanyards? Do a search on google there are a lot of lanyards being made that style especially duck/goose lanyards. Which is where I watched my tutorial. I believe it was 44 minutes long.