turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tiny 410 youth guns?

Started by BlakeJ, April 04, 2015, 06:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

I need a little bitty youth 410 single shot fixed full choke (or screw in if possible). What all is out there?

FL-Boss

if there is anyway the young shooter can handle it... I would get a small youth 20ga. A lot more room to grow... start out shooting regular lightweight 7.5 bird shot.

BlakeJ

Or both! I plan on getting a rem 11-87 youth for my kids once they are big enough to handle it. But I'd like something even smaller with an even shorter LOP so I can start them out shotgunning even earlier.

I'm looking at the stoeger condor o/u youth with 22" barrels. I could cut the stock down even further and make it a very small youth gun.

wirtbowhunter

I took a single shot H & R, added a partial weaver rail to mount a red dot, and put a ATI stock on it. That way I could get the length of pull down short enough for my 6 yr old to use it. I have him shoot a few 7 1/2's at a target at 20 yards a few times a week. I loaded some TSS for him to use on turkeys. 

Swampchickin234

Rossi makes a small little 410 for around 130-150.   Of course h&r has a youth model, and if you live in the south, academy sports sells a yildiz tk36 that weighs 3.3 pounds.  It has a long barrel, a little more recoil, but with a cut stock it could definitely be useful. It sells for 129 plus tax.   In my opinion, every family needs a 410.  I do agree with a 20 guage that it is so much more versatile, but you can have loads of fun with that little bore and can work on mechanics and safety while still having fun.   Start that boy off with hearing protection and a low recoil load, make it fun, am you'll probably have a lifetime shooter and huntin buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobblergls

A feature that separates the Yildiz from the other current .410 shotguns is it is hammerless.  With the others, my concern would be small hands and thumbs cocking  and/or dropping a hammer to unload the gun, etc. 

coonhunter

Those little lite 410's kick as hard or harder than a 20 ga with low brass shells!  I had my 8 year old shoot both and preferred the 20 ga. And a lot more pattern!!  For youth hunters I like to have a little margin of error. And a 410 don't have much!
Joshua 24:15

Bowguy

Quote from: coonhunter on May 03, 2019, 06:58:24 AM
Those little lite 410's kick as hard or harder than a 20 ga with low brass shells!  I had my 8 year old shoot both and preferred the 20 ga. And a lot more pattern!!  For youth hunters I like to have a little margin of error. And a 410 don't have much!
It's a 4 year old thread