North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Silent 20s?

Started by FullChoke, May 03, 2019, 11:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Hey brothers.

Mississippi and Alabama seasons are now history, but there are still a lot of hunting days for our northern terrorists and those traveling on OOS hunts. How are your seasons coming along? I love seeing horizontal birds next to empty yellow shotgun shells. We need every fraction of a point in scoring this year (said the guy whose mature, adult bird had 1/2" spurs).

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

harleytom

My season for 2019 is over w/ no OOS hunts this year. Ended very quietly chasing a hardheaded bird the last week of the season in the hills of N Bama. Every move I made it seemed he was one step ahead of me. Got my grandson out one last day last Sunday. Heard 3 off of roost but no one wanted to play it seemed. Overall a great season, limited out in MS in 8 days (4 hunts) and took a bird on opening day in MS and NW Bama in same year. Didn't hunt as much this year as in past few seasons with a new job and other life needs competing for time. Good luck to everyone still hunting. Cherish each day chasing those birds, some of us have a 46 week wait  ahead of us till 2020. Stay safe and hunt hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cramerhunts

I've had an absolutely rough go of it this year from Texas to AZ but still managed to get guys on their first birds, just not been able to seal the deal for myself. I have until the 24th of this month to make it happen. I'm trying hard to not let you all down!

3bailey3

I am done, I had one the last day of our season, May 1, in range but when I saw him he saw me, I hate when they fold that wing and your gun is pointed in the wrong direction

xarcher

Been out 4 days this past week. Shot one 4/27 (I know, still gotta post) and had action all 4 days. My buddy shot one this AM around 6:30. We're still in the woods looking for the next hot one.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.