OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lonnie Mabry Scratchboxes

Started by va longbeard, November 10, 2019, 08:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

va longbeard

Had a awesome visit with Mr Mabry last Friday.

Thought I would post these pics of the scratchboxes I got including a black limba, hackberry and a persimmon.

Sir-diealot

Those look quite nice. Bet they sound great too. I like the look of that box call too, what wood is it?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Chris O

Nice looking stuff!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Lonnie is who taught me scratchboxes and I went my own way with them. He's a great guy and real turkey killer.  Wish I knew you were coming, I'm only 15 minutes away!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

va longbeard

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on November 10, 2019, 09:05:30 AM
Lonnie is who taught me scratchboxes and I went my own way with them. He's a great guy and real turkey killer.  Wish I knew you were coming, I'm only 15 minutes away!

Man I hate that I wish I knew you were that close would have like to met you and played your calls!

Your right Lonnie is a great guy a true southern gentleman and definitely a turkey killer it want be my last trip there I will contact you next time I am going might make a side trip there for the Unicio show this year.

3bailey3

very nice, I really like that persimmon!

Clardh

Very nice haul and I'm sure even a nicer visit with a true legend!

Greg Massey

Awesome , those are really nice ...

HDSNOOKY

Can I get mr Mabry contact .would like one of those sweet scratch boxes

Sir-diealot

Quote from: HDSNOOKY on March 08, 2020, 10:07:11 PM
Can I get mr Mabry contact .would like one of those sweet scratch boxes
My understanding is that Mr. Mabry will not ship calls as he does not want people trying to buy stuff and then flip it for more on the open market. This may have changed but to the best of my knowledge it has not.

I am lucky I had a friend going there and he picked up a pot call for me when he was there.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Beards and Hooks

Your exactly right Steve he won't ship, just sent you his contact info. HD

Harty

Awesome stuff including the pic of workshop and Mr. Mabry( I'm assuming that's him?)

va longbeard

Quote from: Harty on March 10, 2020, 10:55:39 AM
Awesome stuff including the pic of workshop and Mr. Mabry( I'm assuming that's him?)

That is Mr Mabry he is a blast to talk to the man is definitely a turkey killer!

TauntoHawk

Man id love one of those things but I have no idea when I'd be down that way

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>