OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington V3 turkey pro

Started by turkeykiller, April 21, 2019, 10:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller

Anybody tied the new Remington V3 turkey pro? I've seen and was wondering how it preformed. Thinking about getting one.

CrustyRusty

I have one...may be my favorite turkey gun I've ever owned.  I patterned mine with longbeard 5 and 6's with the choke that came with it.  I would hunt with either load but don't remember what the 5's did.  The 6's averaged around 220 and was very even.  I replaced the red dot with a Venom, and put the truglo red dot on a spare 870.  I did that only because I like the Venom so much.

Remington hit a home run with this gun.  Great features and softest recoil I've ever experienced with a gas gun. 

BigGare

Turkeytider

I have a "regular " V3 (walnut variant). Since the guns share gas systems and actions, based on my experience, I would be stunned if it's not a first rate turkey gun. If I were in the market for a dedicated turkey gun, again based on my experience with my V3, it'd be the first gun I'd look at.

Turkeytider

Quote from: Twodogs on April 21, 2019, 01:44:18 PM
Quote from: BigGare on April 21, 2019, 12:39:11 PM
3 or 3.5"?

3". The versa max is 3.5"

Not a turkey on the planet that can`t be dirt napped by a 3" shell. It`s all I shoot. Then again, I`m an older guy and that recoil on a 3.5 " out of an 870 Super Mag, which I have, holds absolutely no fascination for me!

CrustyRusty

I was using a sbe2 as my primary, but the v3 is a much better fit for me at my age as well.  I don't miss using 3.5" shells.  My benelli only shot the 3.5's well and I have so many hevi 6's  it didn't pay to sell the gun.  So I gave it to my son in law along with all the shells and he is probably good the rest of his life.

BigGare

Imo if I'm going to spend the money I want a gun that can take 3.5s I have an 1187 at the moment and that's the biggest thing I hate is that it only takes 2.75 and 3