OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gregg's Desert Ironwood Burl

Started by beardhunter87, April 19, 2019, 07:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardhunter87

Hey guys.  I wanted to make a review because I was honestly very happy with this trumpet. 1st of all you can see in the pictures the craftsmanship is top of the line! I knew he knew how to work with wood, as you can tell , but the sound also is great. Pure Turkey and the hollowed bell is a great touch I think helps. Will be with my tomorrow morning. A+++ these pics dont do it justice. Call Gregg  you wont be disappointed.

Also I'm making a sound file soon.

Bowhuntr73

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mspaci

Looks great as does my osage from him, hunting ct next week, Mike

Chris O

I called in a Gobbler today with Greg's desert ironwood. It was a hard right and my oldest son didn't see him so we didn't kill him, but Greg's call sure sounded sweet echoing across the valley

turkey stew

Congrats on a good one from Greg.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

beardhunter87

Well 1st day in the books from Missouri at my private property. Add this yelper and a Woodhaven ninja hammer, What's the most action packed day I've had in a couple years. This thing sounded sweet in the woods and right at 12:30 I should have sealed the deal two come in gobbling without a hen as my luck would have it, My shot gun misfired a shell. The good Lord wanted someone else to experience what I experienced with that Turkey so he lives another day. Well until tomorrow  Maybe :drool:

gergg

Quote from: beardhunter87 on April 19, 2019, 07:01:24 PM
Hey guys.  I wanted to make a review because I was honestly very happy with this trumpet. 1st of all you can see in the pictures the craftsmanship is top of the line! I knew he knew how to work with wood, as you can tell , but the sound also is great. Pure Turkey and the hollowed bell is a great touch I think helps. Will be with my tomorrow morning. A+++ these pics dont do it justice. Call Gregg  you wont be disappointed.

Also I'm making a sound file soon.
Hey Beardhunter.....glad to see that the trumpet is working out well for you, hope you have many great hunts with it.

Take care.....Greg
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Les C

Wanted to let you guys know, that I just received this trumpet from Greg. What a beauty. The picture doesn't do it justice. That horn is full of turkey.
Thanks Greg

davisd9

Quote from: Les C on April 26, 2019, 06:37:21 PM
Wanted to let you guys know, that I just received this trumpet from Greg. What a beauty. The picture doesn't do it justice. That horn is full of turkey.
Thanks Greg

Let's hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

beardhunter87

If he doesn't I'll make a sound file

davisd9

Quote from: beardhunter87 on April 26, 2019, 10:05:34 PM
If he doesn't I'll make a sound file

Would love to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

gergg

Quote from: Les C on April 26, 2019, 06:37:21 PM
Thanks Greg
FYI.....Les received this Ironwood Burl and accidentally posted his thoughts/comments in Beardhunter87 Burl thread. The thread below is actually Les's trumpet.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,90576.0.html

https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls