only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Owl call

Started by MDTOM84, April 19, 2019, 01:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDTOM84

Who makes the most realistic owl call? Thanks for the help

Mcduckin

I bought a houndstooth this season and  have been more than satisfied with it .

Jroddc

Harrison hootin stick

REBELYELL

Quote from: MDTOM84 on April 19, 2019, 01:29:26 PM
Who makes the most realistic owl call? Thanks for the help

Get ahold of James Harrison and ask him what wood types he has available. He made me one from Bocote, but I have seen anything from Snakewood to Walnut he has made. Lyle with Houndstooth makes a good one too.

letinmfly

James Harrison.  I have one made of Cocobola.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Fl strutter

Definitely Harrison hooter! I have the acrylic one for durability and it sounds awesome. Look him up on YouTube and he runs the acrylic and walnut to show differences. Both sound awesome. Super easy to run. Can even laugh on it easily.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Harrison for sure. The walnut is my personal favorite.  Problem is...owl locators don't work anywhere I hunt.  I swear I'm gonna get a Canadian goose call someday.  That fires em up in Georgia.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Snood Life

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 19, 2019, 07:15:09 PM
Harrison for sure. The walnut is my personal favorite.  Problem is...owl locators don't work anywhere I hunt.  I swear I'm gonna get a Canadian goose call someday.  That fires em up in Georgia.

x2

mossyoakpro

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 19, 2019, 07:15:09 PM

Pileated Wood pecker works pretty good as well....
Phillippians 4:13

Techn9cian02

Harrison Walnut is as realistic as it gets but not quite as loud as I'd hoped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Browning87

Harrison, I have a Caribbean Rosewood. I wish I could play it good enough to give it justice but it still gets the job done

Yoder409

OK........so I watched the YouTube video comparing acrylic to walnut.  What I noticed is that the Harrison calls sound (on the video) IDENTICAL to my wooden Palmer tube.

So.........for those who have run BOTH a Harrison and a Palmer.........what's the differences in real life ???
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Bowguy

I like a Harrison. I like wood better and that's what I carry. I'd swear the acrylic is louder and I own both

Caspar

Harrison hooter (acrylic). to me it is very easy to play and sounds better than anything ive tried. i dont know what the walnut is like but i think the acrylic is plenty loud enough

Chris Downs

Harrison and Houndstooth. Can't go wrong with either one honestly.