OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New guy from Kansas

Started by shock_gobble, April 19, 2019, 12:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shock_gobble

Hey y'all. New to this forum and new to hunting in general. Taught myself to fish as a kid but while dad was willing to buy me a rod and reel and all the catfish bait I wanted, he drew the line at buying me a gun and sending me off into the woods. Probably the right choice there! Been interested in hunting since I can remember but never committed to actually making it happen. Having no mentor or knowledge base it was more than a little intimidating to get started. I decided this past fall I was going to start in 2019.  By the grace of God I got my first Turkey last Saturday here on public land in Kansas and I'm 1000% hooked! I posted some pictures over in the Longbird thread.

Sir-diealot

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats and welcome. Lot of knowledge on here

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

NCL

Harty

Welcome and congrats on the bird. Lots of knowledge on this site from savvy vets that have been hunting a long time. Enjoy!

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.