OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sumtoy choke and Remington #5

Started by edward.penny, April 14, 2019, 06:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edward.penny

Here is the pattern the Remington nitro #5 put up at 30 yards. Not the best I have seen but good enough.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

I have never been able to get any Remington shells to pattern  worth a crap in any of shotguns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

edward.penny

I had really good luck with the premier loads that they make. The cheap loads are hit or miss on patterns

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Divenut2

That will drop them for you edward.penny. I doubled with Remington Nitro #6's 12 ga at 25 yards last year. Both Toms DRT. While not the the super tighten patterns some high end rounds provide. I find them more than enough for the ranges I shoot at, i.e. out to 30 yards. And at $7 a box, I consider them a great value. Here last year's pattern at 25 yards.

Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

mightyjoeyoung

Worst patterning load past 25 yards or so I have ever shot, save for the Hornady crap.  The old premiere turky loads (olive green hull, with black brass) were absolute monsters.  Still have a whole box of the 2 1/4 oz 4s and might run them through my 835 and Lohman Longshot tube if I'm feeling nostalgic one of these days.   Honestly,  you can do better than the current Remy lead loads and spend maybe 2 bucks more for the Winchesters Super Xs, or about twice as much (still MUCH CHEAPER than htl loads), for the longbeards.   
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.