News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg SA 20 weight

Started by dirt road ninja, April 17, 2019, 07:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwild835

Quote from: dirt road ninja on April 23, 2019, 08:30:29 PM
Kwild835, would you weigh your M2 for me? I'd like to know the real world weight. My 11-87 compact  with Truglo sights, a IC choke and Butlercreek neoprene sling weighs 7.3 pounds
6 flat on my scale with sling.

dirt road ninja

I added a Mcarbo Spring for the trigger after reading a few reviews on here. I do not own a trigger scale, but I noticed 0 difference between the after market return spring and the factory spring. Both can support the full weight of the weapon. I doubt I'll do much more on her as the season is over for me and my attention will now shift to other endeavors.

Reloader

Quote from: dirt road ninja on May 06, 2019, 03:07:32 PM
I added a Mcarbo Spring for the trigger after reading a few reviews on here. I do not own a trigger scale, but I noticed 0 difference between the after market return spring and the factory spring. Both can support the full weight of the weapon. I doubt I'll do much more on her as the season is over for me and my attention will now shift to other endeavors.

I tried one of those and the pull dropped all the way to 1.5lbs and turned it into a single shot.  It was too light for it to release the disconnect.  I then just shortened the factory spring and got it to a repeatable 3.5lbs.  When I returned the spring they only gave a partial refund(kept $6 for shipping). They sent a defective product and wouldn't offer a full refund lol.

dirt road ninja

Reloader, thanks for your reply. I have not shot it yet, but I don't think it will effect the cycling. I will email and let them know my experience with their product.

Reloader

Quote from: dirt road ninja on May 06, 2019, 03:45:52 PM
Reloader, thanks for your reply. I have not shot it yet, but I don't think it will effect the cycling. I will email and let them know my experience with their product.

If it did not drastically reduce the pull, you should be fine.