OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 3.5 long beards  (Read 8909 times)

Offline Tom Foolery

• Longbeard
Re: 3.5 long beards
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2019, 07:36:14 PM »
I would agree that philosophically there is no difference,  but performance wise there is quite a big difference.

Seriously, especially at the ranges we should be shooting turkeys.  Unfortunately, I see adds and read articles touting 60 yard shots and even posts where guys say they ‘accidentally’ misjudged the distance quite often.  I’m not arguing tss is a great advancement, but I do have concerns that it is promoted to be a long range tool and that it may be abused.

How did you kill them without using tss? :z-dizzy:
LOL its funny how many people think lead loads aren't capable of killing a turkey
I don’t believe anyone posting on this thread is condoning long shots, as a matter of fact the OP posted a pic at 20 yards and spoke about his shots on birds all being less than 40.  But physics don’t lie and the performance enhancements of tss over lead, any lead load is obvious, and the propensity for abusing it may be greater based upon that.

You said TSS is promoted as long range and guys might abuse it.   Longbeards are marketed as longrange but I never see anyone making the same accusations as they do towards TSS.  I’m curious the difference.
[/quote]

So a guy shooting longbeards should be looked upon as a long range sniper like the guy shooting TSS?

If so why do they get a pass?

Performance wise their is a difference, TSS is better, no one has argued that. 

CrustyRusty

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2019, 07:44:07 PM »
proverbs 26-4

Offline Tom Foolery

• Longbeard
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2019, 08:02:15 PM »
Lol

I ask an honest question, can’t get an answer and you throw out a bible verse.

Thanks for playing

CrustyRusty

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2019, 09:21:44 PM »
Exactly why I quoted that verse, it is quite obvious. 

Lol

Thanks for playing

Offline Tom Foolery

• Longbeard
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2019, 10:09:29 PM »
Exactly why I quoted that verse, it is quite obvious. 

Lol

Thanks for playing

I just hate you couldn’t come up with an actual answer.  You said TSS is marketed for long range and you’re afraid people will abuse it.  I ask why it’s ok to shoot longbeards marketed for longrange. Then you say TSS performs better, so I ask again and instead of answering with your thoughts you call me a fool.

I guess I shouldn’t have asked such a difficult question.