OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Reminder for posting pictures  (Read 2690 times)

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Reminder for posting pictures
« on: April 16, 2019, 12:30:00 PM »
The rules that OG posted are that measurements should be written on paper with the date and forum name written down and included in a picture of you with it. This makes it official. I’m not sure what happened , but there must have been some bad blood sometime because it’s just an all in fun competition without any real awards ...,but rules are rules so we want to be sure to try to do as was asked of us by OG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Reminder for posting pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 08:18:21 PM »
Just realized I didn’t do this. Honestly in all my years on here I never have written it on a piece of paper. Makes sense though. Confirms that the forum member is the one in the photos. If an issue arises I can easily confirm my identity with another pic as needed with the tag of the turkey kill or other means.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 08:37:27 PM »
Just realized I didn’t do this. Honestly in all my years on here I never have written it on a piece of paper. Makes sense though. Confirms that the forum member is the one in the photos. If an issue arises I can easily confirm my identity with another pic as needed with the tag of the turkey kill or other means.
Gumby,

I ask myself this....who cares?!?!  This is a just for fun competition. If we get to the end and win and somebody complains that we didn’t post something right then they can have the “title.”  Maybe I’m alone in this but I’m an honest person and it’s not like there’s a big cash prize at stake so I say do your best and if you forget, I’m cool with knowing we won no matter what.

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:41:14 PM »
Gumby,

I ask myself this....who cares?!?!  This is a just for fun competition. If we get to the end and win and somebody complains that we didn’t post something right then they can have the “title.”  Maybe I’m alone in this but I’m an honest person and it’s not like there’s a big cash prize at stake so I say do your best and if you forget, I’m cool with knowing we won no matter what.

Lol. I completely agree. Just for fun anyways.

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:22:04 PM »
Gumby,

Lol. I completely agree. Just for fun anyways.
I didn't write the date or final score on my sheet either. I just wouldn't think anyone on here would cheet just to win a friendly competition. That would be very low. Personally I don't care about winning. I just do it for fun.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 12:07:44 AM »
I like your guys attitude. Have to say I am right there with you. The day I complain about someone else's submittal is the day I quit.I do it to interact with some fellows and have fun. The only thing I have changed about my hunting is I measure beards and spurs like I used to do years ago.If anyone wants to cheat then they are going to cheat. The way I see it if you got a team that can consistently bring 9 birds in then you have a good team. Score is irrelevant and really who cares? You have a had a strong start guys and good luck on the rest of the season. Sorry to but in but kudos to you fellows. You have captured the point of this all. Good natured fun and interaction with other hunters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 08:56:49 AM »
I like your guys attitude. Have to say I am right there with you. The day I complain about someone else's submittal is the day I quit.I do it to interact with some fellows and have fun. The only thing I have changed about my hunting is I measure beards and spurs like I used to do years ago.If anyone wants to cheat then they are going to cheat. The way I see it if you got a team that can consistently bring 9 birds in then you have a good team. Score is irrelevant and really who cares? You have a had a strong start guys and good luck on the rest of the season. Sorry to but in but kudos to you fellows. You have captured the point of this all. Good natured fun and interaction with other hunters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bingo! Thank ya and good luck to you

Offline ILHUNTER

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 09:31:54 AM »
Completely agree with you all, I tried to make sure I had every picture for the rules sake, but like said, its just a friendly competition to share our passion of turkey hunting with each other.  Good luck o you all and have fun.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »
As long as it is nothing outrageously egregious then you will get no issues from us. Good luck!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer