OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Run and Gun 200 review?  (Read 38884 times)

Offline Victor DeVine

Run and Gun 200 review?
« on: April 14, 2019, 02:24:15 PM »
Greetings from Georgia...my old vest in on the way out and the Run and Gun 200 looks about like what I'm looking for.

Can y'all provide me with your thoughts on this product...this might help.

1. Hot down here... i need a light weight non insulator

2. I definately run and gun...no decoys. But I do need the seat.

3. Minimalist...I dont carry much but want it close to my hands.

4. Durability is a big factor... nothing flimsy

5. Backpacks don't work well bc  gun stays across my back until things get real.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Run and Gun 200 review?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 03:26:47 PM »
https://youtu.be/RNJt34k6Pok

Offline Victor DeVine

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 10:33:17 AM »
Thanks...what are your thoughts a year later? how is it holding up?

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 11:40:04 AM »
Thanks...what are your thoughts a year later? how is it holding up?
So I played around with it after I did my review a year ago.  Found another vest I wanted to try more so I sold the RNG 200.  So I didn't get to hunt out of it all that much.  Fast forward to this pre season...I walk into Wal-Mart and I see they have a few RNG 200's hanging up in sporting goods for half-price.  I thought..."I really liked the way it fit, and the minimalist approach is what I strive for....I am going to give this thing another go."  So after a year hard hunting out of it, I can honestly say that it is the best vest I have ever used.  The seat is very comfortable and will not collapse after sitting on it for a while. I love the fact that the seat is in position and not flopping.  It is very comfortable against the rear.  No having to clip anything or magnets, and if you wanted to flip it up you can, all you have to do is un-cinch the straps and flip it up and re-tighten them.  I have some little fraying on a some stitching, but nothing I can't handle with needle and thread.  The only main thing that I did not like was when sitting up against a wet tree, it did not take long for the back pack to become saturated and make my back wet.  I think I may have remedied this by putting folding the back padding from my Ol' Tom shirt in half and placing it in the pocket where the hydration bladder can go (but I never use one of those anyway).  The padding is open foam on one side and closed on the other so it should at least slow getting wet down some, and the foam can be easily removed when it does get wet so as to allow it to dry . In regards to the backpack, the only thing that I carry in it are my wet wipes and camo string pack.  All of this folds flat. When ever I tried to put something else like a water bottle for instance, it would not allow me to sit comfortably against the tree and thus voiding the back padding.  I remedied this by having the string pack.  for instance if I found I needed to carry extra stuff, I can always take the string pack out and put stuff in it.  If I needed to sit down all I had to do was take the string pack off.  The mouthcall holder is great. The magnet is strong and stays closed until you need to open it.  I kept my primary call in the very top compartment which is completely open, and the only downside that I experienced was that the remaining two pockets if you wanted to get a diaphram out of those that it is a bit challenging to  (especially with gloves on), but rest assured you will not lose any of them from falling out! The box call holder is great and cinches down tight on my one sided box call and does not make squeak.  I only carried one pot in the lower holder.  I kept some quick grab conditioning pads in the upper pot call holder. Summed up it fits my body type, there is no flop, there is only room for what I really need to carry, it's compact, everything is readily accessible, it's lightweight, and it almost feels like I'm not even wearing a vest ;D Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Offline Victor DeVine

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 08:24:25 PM »
Thanks so much for the info...Do you think a 300 is more durable? Less problem with back getting wet?

I'm on mindset...less is more.I need a butt pad and a couple of pockets and that it!

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 01:36:06 PM »
Thanks so much for the info...Do you think a 300 is more durable? Less problem with back getting wet?

I'm on mindset...less is more.I need a butt pad and a couple of pockets and that it!
so the only time that I saw a 300 was at the NWTF Convention and it appeared to be the same type construction just with a few more storage areas.  So from what I have read on the 300 on this forum as well as the one I saw, I would think that they would hold up the same.

Offline Victor DeVine

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 08:22:32 PM »
Thanks so much for the information.