OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Comp n choke  (Read 3178 times)

Offline clucknpurr

Comp n choke
« on: April 30, 2019, 09:09:08 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Longbeards with a Comp N Choke?  I have a XXX I was thinking about trying in a Browning Gold.

Online eddie234

• Longbeard
Re: Comp n choke
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
My comp n choke is on a Winchester 1300, it has a const of .655 and shoots 3” #6 long beards with awesome numbers.
Do a quick search and you should be able to find my pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 10:01:09 AM »
Just got a XXX Comp n Choke for my 24" Gold a couple weeks ago. I was able to get out last week and give it a whirl.

It did 138 at 40 through a very dirty barrel at about 60*. I have cleaned the gun and will try it again. Loads were 3" 1 3/4 oz. #5.

I hope to hit 160+ now that the barrel is clean.

Here is a 30 yard pattern.

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 10:05:13 AM »
Here is a 40 yard target. I bet it improves now that barrel is clean. My other shots with different loads through the Comp n Choke were the best patterns this gun has shot with those loads.

I expect it to be the same with Longbeards and Comp n Choke. I hope for 160+.

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 10:29:38 AM »
I plan on trying this choke and LB in a 26" barrel I purchased. This 24" barrel has been pretty picky on loads it likes.
 I have quite a selection of 3" lead loads and only have a couple of loads the 24" barrel has shot well.

I am sure most patterns would kill turkeys just fine but I hate to try and have it not work.

One load I really want to work is the Winchester XX HV 1 3/4 oz. #5. They did shoot a little better through the Comp n Choke but we're still lacking in my opinion. Will try them with Comp n Choke in the 26" barrel as well.