OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: TSS shooters help  (Read 1272 times)

Offline bigbird

• Longbeard
TSS shooters help
« on: April 13, 2019, 09:53:51 PM »
So I got some TSS to try. I’m pretty impressed so far. I’m shooting federal 7’s and apex 7.5’s. It is illegal to shoot 9’s in my state. However I did buy some 9’s to see how it looks and I can use it when I’m hunting where it’s permitted. So far I have shot a 562 sum toy a 560 jebs and a 575 Carlson. The jebs or sumtoy are almost identical. If I had to pick one it could be decided with a coin toss and I would be fine with either. None of them shot 9’s worth a hoot. What tube and constriction are you guys using? I’m using a Winchester SX3 with a 26” barrel.

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
Re: TSS shooters help
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 10:16:16 PM »
Shooting a Mossberg 500 with a 22" barrel, using handloaded TSS #9s. Its a 2.75" shell with 1 3/8th oz. payload. Getting 295+ in a 10" at 40 yards with a IC .555.

I tried an IC .562 but it didn't pattern as well as the .555 with my gun.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer