OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gun modification/dipping?

Started by goindeep, April 13, 2019, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goindeep

Looking at possibly having my M2 barrel cut down and possibly having the gun dipped as well. What is the cost on something like this and who do you recommend?

sasquatch1

I have a barrel at sumtoy getting cut down.

If you wait a while I can report back the work. Only thing it it'll always need a choke from him I believe, he don't rethread factory threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

M2 is a nice barrel to be cutting.

goindeep

It is....but it's a turkey only gun and it's 26 inches long. Also thought about going the 870 compact route, but not sure how they shoot and if you can have them drilled and tapped. Any info would be great!

Liljake

I have a barrel getting the fix at Sumtoy's also. Per my conversation with William he's tapping my barrel  with tru-choke threads. Trulock, Carlsons and a few others others make chokes for that thread.
Just give him a call, great fella to deal with. FYI he's kinda busy so if he Doesn't already have your barrel you may not get it back till after turkey season.
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

USMC0331

I wouldn't cut that barrel. The 870 is a excellent choice for Turkey. It is not drilled and tapped but a reputable gunsmith can do it easily.