OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: what's the deal with the cody pot calls?  (Read 7073 times)

Offline MS Boy

Re: what's the deal with the cody pot calls?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 04:20:39 PM »
Well said ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 04:22:22 PM »
Well said ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found lots of birds who love The Cody.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline Deafman

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 11:06:58 AM »
Heck, I've been just trying to get a response from Cody for over a month. I'm sure their a great call but I'm getting a little put off when I got the first response asking for my credit card info and have heard nothing since. No returned emails, nothing.

Offline Pooh4459

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 04:32:53 PM »
Heck, I've been just trying to get a response from Cody for over a month. I'm sure their a great call but I'm getting a little put off when I got the first response asking for my credit card info and have heard nothing since. No returned emails, nothing.

Good luck I've been trying to reach them for 2 months. I've messaged on Facebook were they even replied asking for my number and said someone would get ahold of me and never did. Then a few weeks later responded and said someone still hasn't got ahold of you and said she will have someone call me right a way. But they never did. I've called probably 10 times during their business hours with no answer left  4 messages and still nothing. Even had a  guy on here that deals with them alot try to get them to contact me with no luck. Im trying to order 2 pots that are over $400 if that's not worth 5 mins of your time to take my order then I given up..

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 05:14:02 PM »
What's the deal with cody pot calls costing 200 dollars? does anyone have a soundfile on these and why are they so expensive compared to their cheaper ones?

Get your hands on one and run it. That will tell you all you need to know.
I have and no big deal. I've had the world class, Spec1 Legend both in slate. World Class glass that sounded great but I think the Cody II slate sounds better than the Spec. or world class JMO. Price wise in this day of 100+ pot calls if it's worth it to you go for it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 05:29:02 PM by callmakerman »

Offline ferocious calls

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 07:04:42 AM »
Rupert's Roost in Peace turkey calls. 1/4 the cost and all of the sound. Told him the glass pot from him may be the best pot I have ever played. Truth they ROCK! He did his homework on these.

The slates are all that as well. Been teasing Toms for a month with them.  :z-winnersmiley:

Offline Hoytman24

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 11:42:18 AM »
I've know Todd for years and have been running his pots since the getgo. Hands down the the best pots I've ever run in my life. If you guys are interested in some amazing pots give him a call or txt. They're pure Turkey trust me....

Offline Caspar

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 08:20:47 PM »
i live about 25 minutes away and have never heard of ruperts roost in peace turkey calls. ill have to check him out

Offline Hoytman24

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 10:06:07 PM »
Rupe hasnt done much advertising, so far its been  word of mouth, business cards and a couple local hunting shows, he is currently thinking on a web page and social media.Feel free to contact him, if he doesnt answer, he will definately get back to you, he still works a full time job also.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 10:12:08 PM »
Is he a relations to cody
Or you just high jack this thread
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Hoytman24

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 10:37:58 PM »
I was just responding to ferocious calls post, wasnt meant to disrespect cody at all, ive ran cody calls for years !!!!!

Offline Pressured Gobbler

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 06:13:47 AM »
it's both skill and sound. I dont care what anyone says a good sounding call will kill more birds than an average one. So over 10 years I kill 50 birds the better sounding call and only would have killed 48 by using the decent call it would be worth the 200 to me. maybe not to you but to me it is.

You know what I say about the 50 gobblers in 10 years? It ain’t the call buddy lol... You hunting some GREAT property!!!