OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what's the deal with the cody pot calls?

Started by chufagold, April 13, 2019, 04:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chufagold

What's the deal with cody pot calls costing 200 dollars? does anyone have a soundfile on these and why are they so expensive compared to their cheaper ones?

Gumby

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: chufagold on April 13, 2019, 04:19:24 PM
What's the deal with cody pot calls costing 200 dollars? does anyone have a soundfile on these and why are they so expensive compared to their cheaper ones?

Get your hands on one and run it. That will tell you all you need to know.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

3bailey3

yes a buddy had a slate world class and it was unbelievable!

MK M GOBL

Worth the money, my World Class Slate is pure turkey!

Have killed more turkeys with that call than all the other calls I've owned. It's like a death sentence :)

MK M GOBL

chufagold

I see nothing wrong with paying that money for a call that has something that others dont. Just would kinda like to know what that something is? Also how consistant are they?

1iagobblergetter

Getting one will be the hard part. I called and talked to them over a year ago or more and havent heard anything. I can't remember how long the wait is. Figure if I get one great and if I don't I don't...I have other calls that kill Turkey's consistently.

Greg Massey

Again , i've killed turkeys and i don't have a cody call... killed one last Saturday without Cody call.. i also have other calls that will kill turkeys ... but for you who own a Cody call , i think that's great ....

chufagold

Some people need to post a soundfile so we can put this to rest. Everyone talks about these but u cant find the sound nowhere to back it up. Not saying their not but it's hard to believe these are better than the top call makers in the country.

chufagold

If someone would make a good youtube video with one u might get rich haha

doublespurs21

do you think it is the call or the person using it??

chufagold

it's both skill and sound. I dont care what anyone says a good sounding call will kill more birds than an average one. So over 10 years I kill 50 birds the better sounding call and only would have killed 48 by using the decent call it would be worth the 200 to me. maybe not to you but to me it is.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: chufagold on April 13, 2019, 09:18:32 PM
it's both skill and sound. I dont care what anyone says a good sounding call will kill more birds than an average one. So over 10 years I kill 50 birds the better sounding call and only would have killed 48 by using the decent call it would be worth the 200 to me. maybe not to you but to me it is.

Well said. I think a high quality call in a persons hands who can run it will kill more birds that a mediocre call in the same persons hands. May not be as big a deal on a 2 year old but I think it shines on hard pressured older birds who have heard it all. Everyone knows calling is a small percentage of consistently killing birds but having the most realistic call does sometimes make the difference. I have killed birds with cheap production calls as well but in the end I want the calls I am most confident in. My cody world class is one of them.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

MK M GOBL

Quote from: chufagold on April 13, 2019, 09:03:03 PM
Not saying their not but it's hard to believe these are better than the top call makers in the country.

Bill is one of the top call makers in the country!

"In 1981 the idea of building slate and glass calls with wooden pots went from one man's dream to reality. Hours of extensive work on the tailgate of a pickup truck and a workshop gave birth to a new breed of turkey call. Bill created the methods and designed the machines that would create the only true laminated wood pot calls in the industry. He perfected this two-month, twenty-five step process over the years, until it has become a science. The World Class and SPEC I pots have grains of wood running circular around the call.

This process created the Cody World Class, the granddaddy of all wood pot calls. These calls dominated world competition in the 1980s and early 90s, turning world class callers into world champions. In the mid-1980's, backed by larger call companies as their sponsors, world champion callers began secretly using Cody Calls in competitions and by 1992, 13 of the 17 competitors in the World Friction Contest used Cody Turkey Call products, further cementing the reputation of an unmatched call and an untouchable sound. The same technology perfected in the Cody World Class call can be found in the Cody II, a walnut one piece pot in glass or slate. In the late eighties, Bill started building a call based on the Cody World Class pot and employing a wooden sounding board. This never-before-seen technique created the Cody SPEC I. After several years of testing, the SPEC I emerged as the toughest Cody call to build...but it was worth it. In 1993, the Cody SPEC I was ready for production. The first calls were slate only, and the glass version appeared a few years later, but it didn't take long for imitation calls to hit the market. These calls lacked the strength, beauty and sound quality of the world class products Bill and the team at Cody took years to perfect, and true turkey hunters knew the difference."

MK M GOBL