turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

pattern pics***opinions welcome #3 pattern pic added

Started by sswv, April 13, 2019, 12:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

here are 2 targets both shot with a Remington 870 20ga. 21" barrel. condition of the barrel was the exact same for both  shots. ammo was Longbeard XR 3" #6 and the chokes were a Trulock Heavy 7 and a Remington Super Full Turkey. Monday is our season opener so.....which one would y'all screw in the gun.

thanks in advance

DBell

Quote from: sswv on April 13, 2019, 12:43:38 PM
here are 3 targets all shot with a Remington 870 20ga. 21" barrel. condition of the barrel was the exact same for all 3 shots. ammo was Longbeard XR 3" #6 and the chokes were a Carlson's Longbeard XR, a Trulock Heavy 7 and a Remington Super Full Turkey. Monday is our season opener so.....which one would y'all screw in the gun.

thanks in advance
having trouble loading the pictures but I'll stay at it
Get tapatalk app on your phone. Makes uploading pics easier than rippin a good faht

I'd pick the trulock. They all look plenty good enough though. The LB tend to give me varying patterns shot to shot. Sometimes I get a nice even 100-110 in the 10" and nice 20" coverage, and sometimes I get 140 in the 10" but not as even and very patchy 20"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahfox16

I think whatever gives you the most complete pattern in a 15" circle at 40 is the way to go.  For me, shooting number 6 LB.s it was the Remington Super Full turkey choke out of my 870 with 26" barrel.  I hit 148 in the 10 circle and 203 within the 15" circle.   That allows for a bit of wiggle room if the sucker moves his head a few inches at the moment the trigger is pulled.

Spring Fever

edward.penny

I would also use the Remington choke.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

sswv

tried a Carlson's TSS .555 today with the LB #6's. it's the bottom picture attached to first post.  more pellet count but ???