News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Paul Platz 2019

Started by spurz, April 12, 2019, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDTOM84

Quote from: Pressured Gobbler on April 25, 2019, 06:27:10 AM
They are very nice looking calls!!! The sounds I heard on you tube are great!!!... I have a couple Dave Hollarands pot calls that I think sound just as good... I seen the prices of these calls and I put the brakes on!!! Holly molly!!! I've got a lot of custom calls from Cody world class,Ted Pete Peters, Bloddget, Bud Betty's and more names I've forgotten... non of em were 200-300 bucks!!! I kill most of my gobblers with a  Grams Mountainside lol
how much did you pay for your Cody world class? Aren't they $200??

Spitten and drummen

Same song and dance. People see what some pot calls are going for and have a stroke. They say "aint no way I would pay that" they also say " I have such and such call thats half that price and sounds just  as good." So be it , you can call and kill birds with a walmart call that you payed 20 bucks for. Some of us not only hunt the call but we collect them. Several of us can take a custom pot and make it sound insanely realistic. The difference comes after you run pots day in and day out and you reach a point where a pot call becomes a instrument When you have a pile of calls and spend time running them , you reach a level where the subtle difference between pots become magnified. All pot calls are not created equal. All peoples calling ability is not equal. I am in no way a professional stage caller and most likely never will be. There are some exceptions to what I have posted. I have a few production calls that just flat have it and I have some custom calls that a maker should be ashamed to have sent them out. Again when you spend time running turkey calls everyday and you own a hundred or more or even half that amount , you become picky. Example , I would pay closer attention to a guy who has 50 calls and he says this particular one is awesome than a guy who only has owned 3 and says the same thing. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 04, 2019, 09:06:13 PM
Same song and dance. People see what some pot calls are going for and have a stroke. They say "aint no way I would pay that" they also say " I have such and such call thats half that price and sounds just  as good." So be it , you can call and kill birds with a walmart call that you payed 20 bucks for. Some of us not only hunt the call but we collect them. Several of us can take a custom pot and make it sound insanely realistic. The difference comes after you run pots day in and day out and you reach a point where a pot call becomes a instrument When you have a pile of calls and spend time running them , you reach a level where the subtle difference between pots become magnified. All pot calls are not created equal. All peoples calling ability is not equal. I am in no way a professional stage caller and most likely never will be. There are some exceptions to what I have posted. I have a few production calls that just flat have it and I have some custom calls that a maker should be ashamed to have sent them out. Again when you spend time running turkey calls everyday and you own a hundred or more or even half that amount , you become picky. Example , I would pay closer attention to a guy who has 50 calls and he says this particular one is awesome than a guy who only has owned 3 and says the same thing. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.
:z-winnersmiley:

fishr64

spurz

Quote from: fishr64 on May 05, 2019, 08:51:19 AM
Well said S & D!  :icon_thumright:
Agreed 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmyj

The truth comes out. Couldn't have said it better!!!!

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: HookedonHooks on May 04, 2019, 09:38:50 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 04, 2019, 09:06:13 PM
:z-winnersmiley:
I agree  also.. If a guy has the money and wants to spend it it's his business..Mind your own and buy a call you can afford or believe does the job for less money. You can also kill a turkey with a cheap gun and shells,but most of us dont..

diesel79

Very nice calls.  My number was up last week and I got a text from Paul. I think I've been waiting since 2015?  I can't even remember. 

kwild835

Quote from: diesel79 on May 07, 2019, 02:02:07 PM
Very nice calls.  My number was up last week and I got a text from Paul. I think I've been waiting since 2015?  I can't even remember. 

I haven't hunted in a few years so not sure what I'm gonna do with them yet.
Probably get a bunch of pms after that statement! lol

BABS9

Been on the list for 4 calls since 2016. Glad to hear he's working on the list again. Can't wait!