OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Paul Platz 2019  (Read 7358 times)

Offline MDTOM84

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Paul Platz 2019
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2019, 02:52:12 PM »
They are very nice looking calls!!! The sounds I heard on you tube are great!!!... I have a couple Dave Hollarands pot calls that I think sound just as good... I seen the prices of these calls and I put the brakes on!!! Holly molly!!! I’ve got a lot of custom calls from Cody world class,Ted Pete Peters, Bloddget, Bud Betty’s and more names I’ve forgotten... non of em were 200-300 bucks!!! I kill most of my gobblers with a  Grams Mountainside lol
how much did you pay for your Cody world class? Aren't they $200??

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2019, 09:06:13 PM »
Same song and dance. People see what some pot calls are going for and have a stroke. They say “aint no way I would pay that” they also say “ I have such and such call thats half that price and sounds just  as good.” So be it , you can call and kill birds with a walmart call that you payed 20 bucks for. Some of us not only hunt the call but we collect them. Several of us can take a custom pot and make it sound insanely realistic. The difference comes after you run pots day in and day out and you reach a point where a pot call becomes a instrument When you have a pile of calls and spend time running them , you reach a level where the subtle difference between pots become magnified. All pot calls are not created equal. All peoples calling ability is not equal. I am in no way a professional stage caller and most likely never will be. There are some exceptions to what I have posted. I have a few production calls that just flat have it and I have some custom calls that a maker should be ashamed to have sent them out. Again when you spend time running turkey calls everyday and you own a hundred or more or even half that amount , you become picky. Example , I would pay closer attention to a guy who has 50 calls and he says this particular one is awesome than a guy who only has owned 3 and says the same thing. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2019, 09:38:50 PM »
Same song and dance. People see what some pot calls are going for and have a stroke. They say “aint no way I would pay that” they also say “ I have such and such call thats half that price and sounds just  as good.” So be it , you can call and kill birds with a walmart call that you payed 20 bucks for. Some of us not only hunt the call but we collect them. Several of us can take a custom pot and make it sound insanely realistic. The difference comes after you run pots day in and day out and you reach a point where a pot call becomes a instrument When you have a pile of calls and spend time running them , you reach a level where the subtle difference between pots become magnified. All pot calls are not created equal. All peoples calling ability is not equal. I am in no way a professional stage caller and most likely never will be. There are some exceptions to what I have posted. I have a few production calls that just flat have it and I have some custom calls that a maker should be ashamed to have sent them out. Again when you spend time running turkey calls everyday and you own a hundred or more or even half that amount , you become picky. Example , I would pay closer attention to a guy who has 50 calls and he says this particular one is awesome than a guy who only has owned 3 and says the same thing. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.
:z-winnersmiley:

Online fishr64

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2019, 08:51:19 AM »
Well said S & D!  :icon_thumright:

Offline spurz

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2019, 11:57:54 AM »
Well said S & D!  :icon_thumright:
Agreed 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jimmyj

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2019, 04:12:57 PM »
The truth comes out. Couldn’t have said it better!!!!

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2019, 09:43:19 AM »
:z-winnersmiley:
I agree  also.. If a guy has the money and wants to spend it it's his business..Mind your own and buy a call you can afford or believe does the job for less money. You can also kill a turkey with a cheap gun and shells,but most of us dont..

Offline diesel79

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2019, 02:02:07 PM »
Very nice calls.  My number was up last week and I got a text from Paul. I think I’ve been waiting since 2015?  I can’t even remember. 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 04:21:28 PM by diesel79 »

Online kwild835

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2019, 03:00:47 PM »
Very nice calls.  My number was up last week and I got a text from Paul. I think I’ve been waiting since 2015?  I can’t even remember. 

I haven’t hunted in a few years so not sure what I’m gonna do with them yet.
Probably get a bunch of pms after that statement! lol

Offline BABS9

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
Been on the list for 4 calls since 2016. Glad to hear he’s working on the list again. Can’t wait!