OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Federal 20 Gauge TSS Mispackaged  (Read 4210 times)

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
Re: Federal 20 Gauge TSS Mispackaged
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 03:43:39 PM »
Got my shells day before yesterday when I got home. Very impressed with Federal customer service

Well you had better service than I did!  After being on hold from the central operator for 32 minutes,  I finally got a kid named Ryan who absolutely busted my chops for a full 15 minutes.  Told me to put them in a box and they'd schedule pickup this Friday. I'm going to be out of town for about 5 days so that was out of the question.   I asked if they'd send me replacements with a return label for the mismarked ammo and he responded with a resounding NO.  Said there was no way I was going to get my replacements before the end of my season too. ????  We went round and round for a while before I finally called him out, informing him that other have been taken care of without question AND with HASTE.  He finally said they'd ship out replacements "when he could" but wouldn't guarantee they'd be here before the PA mentored youth hunt.  To be frank  he was a total jerk until I let him know that I'd be spreading the word about the service I was receiving.   I've had problem rifle ammo from other manufacturers that was replaced post haste, one sending a return ship label as they wanted to look into a possible batch defect, but they didnt bust my ballz and sent me replacements without issue.  Wonder when I'll get them and I WILL be sending back the blends, even though he said I didnt need to.  Annoyed...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline Zeke6685

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »
This must have been the guy I dealt with the first time I called, he was an a**. He didn’t care that at all that federals mistake was costing customers a lot of time, money , and grief. The second guy I talked to that returned my call after I called back was a totally different story, very nice to and very helpful.

Offline CALLM2U

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 01:26:35 PM »
I had this issue a month or so ago. I contacted them online as I like having documentation. It was a very easy process. I think I had my new shells in about 2 weeks.

Offline Poppahunts

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 06:44:23 PM »
Got my shells day before yesterday when I got home. Very impressed with Federal customer service

Well you had better service than I did!  After being on hold from the central operator for 32 minutes,  I finally got a kid named Ryan who absolutely busted my chops for a full 15 minutes.  Told me to put them in a box and they'd schedule pickup this Friday. I'm going to be out of town for about 5 days so that was out of the question.   I asked if they'd send me replacements with a return label for the mismarked ammo and he responded with a resounding NO.  Said there was no way I was going to get my replacements before the end of my season too. ????  We went round and round for a while before I finally called him out, informing him that other have been taken care of without question AND with HASTE.  He finally said they'd ship out replacements "when he could" but wouldn't guarantee they'd be here before the PA mentored youth hunt.  To be frank  he was a total jerk until I let him know that I'd be spreading the word about the service I was receiving.   I've had problem rifle ammo from other manufacturers that was replaced post haste, one sending a return ship label as they wanted to look into a possible batch defect, but they didnt bust my ballz and sent me replacements without issue.  Wonder when I'll get them and I WILL be sending back the blends, even though he said I didnt need to.  Annoyed...

Man I guess I lucked up. They got me the rounds within 3 days of my first call. I was pretty impressed but after seeing other folks having issues I really must have been lucky and got the right folks to deal with...
Turkeys For Tomorrow Member
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
Life is hard, twice as hard if your stupid
               - John Wayne

Offline DBell

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 07:47:11 PM »
At least they probably go bang. The new shells I tried this year went fizzle and left a bunch of powder and wad stuck in barrel.
This may be the spring gobbler season remembered as the great ammo crisis.
Sounds like federal is trying to do right.
Good luck all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrustyRusty

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 11:07:34 AM »
I can only imagine how many people are trying to take advantage of this and leading to frustration for Federal when dealing with legitimate issues.

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 04:28:10 AM »
I can only imagine how many people are trying to take advantage of this and leading to frustration for Federal when dealing with legitimate issues.
That's what ticked me off so bad.  Felt like the jerk on the the other end of the line was either being a jerk just to be one, or they've since been dealing with  so many claims that they're starting to get burnt out.  Still no replacemeny ammo btw...

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 06:31:03 PM »
Well, I got home feom.work to find a small cardboard box by the door marked federal ammunition ORMD. ????  Inside were 2 shiny boxes of 20 gauge tss 9s.

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 06:48:20 PM »
Well after reading this post I was curious about the 2 boxes of 20 gauge Federal #9 TSS I purchased about a month ago.  So I go check first shell in the box marked #8. The rest are #9. The other box good to go. At least I know I have one 8 and 4 9s. Lol.  Seems like they were trying to get them out to us fast.

Have a good one
Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

CrustyRusty

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2019, 04:49:01 PM »
Are they making a straight 8 load?  That’s a homerun for us that live in states that prohibit 9’s

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 06:15:07 PM »
That's what this one shell is marked.  #8.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.