OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Beretta A300 Outlander/Choke/Shell combination  (Read 2740 times)

Offline a_jabbo

Beretta A300 Outlander/Choke/Shell combination
« on: April 11, 2019, 02:05:59 PM »
I take a youngster out each year, and he got a new Beretta A300. He has two choke tubes to choose from, a primos tightwad or jelly head that i'm giving him. Last year we tried putting 3" longbeard xr's through it with the factory full choke, and couldn't get a good pattern at all.

We're on a little bit of a budget and I just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions that have worked for them with this gun/choke combination, or any combination of choke/shell that you've had good success putting through your Beretta's.

Thanks

Offline Longshanks

• Longbeard
Re: Beretta A300 Outlander/Choke/Shell combination
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 04:47:15 PM »
A300 Beretta Outlander/ Jebs .660 and Hevi 3/2/7’s

Offline a_jabbo

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 11:17:32 PM »
A300 Beretta Outlander/ Jebs .660 and Hevi 3/2/7’s

Thank you Longshanks. I'll get the boy to save up some coin to get himself a better choke. For now, the tightwad with 3" longbeardXR #6's should do the trick.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:44:12 AM »
665 works best in that gun
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline DLive85

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 08:13:06 AM »
I have the exact same gun and am using the tru glo gobbler stopper choke that came with the stick on fiber optic sites for 30 bucks and it patterns great with longbeard 5's. Killed 2 turkeys with it. One at 68 steps last yr,and one at 20 yards this year