OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Help with first sight  (Read 10616 times)

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
Re: Help with first sight
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 12:48:41 PM »
Depends on how much you hunt and how much you’re looking to spend.
I just installed the rmr Trijicon (fiber/tritium-12.9MOA triangle)on my Benelli SBE2 and am so very pleased with my choice. I looked at Leupold Delta Point Pro, but when it came to mounting options it just wasn’t there...
There’s a heap of low pro mounts for the Burris FFs. It really boils down to what you want.
I have on of these that I love. Only minor issue is if you are in a dark area aiming into a very bright area like in a blind shooting out. The dot is kinda hard to pickup but it’s not a deal breaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing with it in mock situations, i had that happen as well .I loose it indoors on bright surfaces in heavy light but in the feild it has performed great.

I totally understand if you were to say set up looking into a sunrise it would hamper it some like you say.

I had this happen in a bind shooting out. Took me a minute to find the dot. I have a green. I just stuck the gun a little further out window and shot the bird. In normal sunlight mine is super bright

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 12:49:58 PM »
Looks like you got same setup I have

Offline ManfromGreenSwamp

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 01:23:40 PM »

Awesome gun!
Just ordered a steady grip and need to have it dipped...Hope I end up liking it. What shells are you shooting?

“First one to the carcass gets the most”
-T.Farley

“I’m livin ta rest, I was born tired”
-B.Button

Offline rusty842

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »
Just looked at a FF3. It has worse bloom than the RMR. I’m afraid that the green triangle is going to look terrible to my eye.  I don’t know what to do.

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2019, 02:59:17 PM »

Awesome gun!
Just ordered a steady grip and need to have it dipped...Hope I end up liking it. What shells are you shooting?

Nitro 7x9

Offline Twodogs

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 06:52:00 PM »
What rail are you guys using on the sbe II? I am still on the fence about what sight to buy. Is there a universal rail? Or do I have to match the rail to the sight?

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 08:48:28 PM »
What rail are you guys using on the sbe II? I am still on the fence about what sight to buy. Is there a universal rail? Or do I have to match the rail to the sight?

Depends on the sight you’re going with really. There’s several choices depending...
Check out speed beef for the Burris fast fire or there’s one by Sumtoy.

Which sight are you getting?

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Offline rusty842

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »

You can buy a weaver rail or a picatinny that fits a SBE 2&3. Most sights have a weaver or pacitinny mounting option but the sight sits pretty high.

I going with the Scalar works SYNC/RMR Mount. It’s really low on the receiver but only works with an Trijicon RMR.

https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-mounts/sync-trijicon-rmr-mount/

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2019, 09:02:33 PM »

You can buy a weaver rail or a picatinny that fits a SBE 2&3. Most sights have a weaver or pacitinny mounting option but the sight sits pretty high.

I going with the Scalar works SYNC/RMR Mount. It’s really low on the receiver but only works with an Trijicon RMR.

That’s the route I went and there’s no way I could be happier with it. Just pricey.

-T.Farley

-B.Button

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 09:18:52 PM »
Sorry, just re read the entire thread.
So you’re torn in what to buy because of your stigmatism... is there a local gun shop or bass pro you can visit to play with them all  in hand???
The trijicon is bright but not like electric light bright if that makes sense and I think it may be the difference for you(I’m thinking lights at night and how they star and gleem)

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Offline rusty842

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 09:41:18 PM »
Sorry, just re read the entire thread.
So you’re torn in what to buy because of your stigmatism... is there a local gun shop or bass pro you can visit to play with them all  in hand???
The trijicon is bright but not like electric light bright if that makes sense and I think it may be the difference for you(I’m thinking lights at night and how they star and gleem)

I had a RMR Dual Illuminated with a 7.0 Amber Dot and only in CERTAIN lighting conditions ,it had a “Bloom” around it. With the “Bloom” my guess is that it was at least 10 MOA. That made it hard for me to aim exactly where I wanted to on a turkey.

I wanted a Dual Illuminated because it’s battery free and therefore almost worry free.

My concern is the IF the Green 12.9 MOA Triangle “blooms” ,like the 7MOA, I won’t have a precise aiming point. If that’s the case I will be in worse shape than I was to start out with.

I went to a local tactical store and they didn’t have any Trijicon RMRs. They did have a Burris FF3 3MOA and the “bloom” on it inside the store was terrible.

Going tomorrow to another store and hopefully they will have some to look at. Closest Bass Pro is 80 miles.

Offline rusty842

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 09:46:59 PM »

I’m thinking lights at night and how they star and gleem

That’s kinda the way I see it. It’s something with my eyes. The dot looked different in each eye.

The only time it did look like a perfect do was when I was looking out into a brightly lit area and the dot was “washing out” a little bit.

Offline Twodogs

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 04:38:55 PM »

That is a good looking set up. Did you buy the bundle from Scalarworks? Or the sight and rail separately? The bundle comes with the Trijicon RM06. Is that the one I want?

Offline rusty842

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 05:19:02 PM »
I originally bought the RM04 with the Picatinny Mount. It is being returned because the dot was too big for me. It had a glow or “Bloom” around it which is caused by an astigmatism of the eye. I adapted a section of weaver rail so the sight would fit. It sat pretty high so I’m going back with SYNC Mount. I think I’m going to get the RM09 which is a 1MOA due to the way my eye sees the dot. I think the RM06 would be perfect for someone without an astigmatism.

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 05:19:30 PM »
Thanks. That sight mount is a no brainer… I was looking at Leupold Delta point pro before I found that sight mount on accident, My choice immediately changed as I wanted to go with the green triangle anyway and the other one(Leupold) was a red triangle and battery powered. I bought the mount from them and bought the site on eBay for the cheapest price I could find anywhere… Mine is a RMO8

It’s the ultimate IMO

-T.Farley

-B.Button